TPG Community

Get online support

FTTC NCD - not connecting - flashing lights

SOLVED Go to solution
jaradliz123
Level 3

Hi TPG!

Very excited to be finally getting NBN in my area, especially as FTTC.

We pre-ordered and got equipment yesterday.

Plugged everything in last night and left it running overnight and the NCD will not connect. The lights are all flashing blue (except the power - its solid). 

Can you please check / run diagnostics?

My account is xxxxxx

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jaradliz123
Level 3
Hi, once the nbn technicians visited it was all fixed and now I have great FTTC nbn speeds. Job done and happy.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Shane

Hi @jaradliz123 ,

Welcome to the community!

We're able to locate your account using your community details and ran an initial test to your newly installed NBN service. The test result shows a possible connection problem indicating that the equipment/NBN box is not properlly installed.

Please post a photo of the current set up of the equipment(s).

Also in case you need a reference on how to set it up you may refer to the link below:

NBN Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) Setup Guide

Cheers!

jaradliz123
Level 3
Hi Shane,
I can’t upload a photo through my iPhone browser. But I did followed instructions as per the guides. I’ve removed all filters and also do not have anything else connected to phone lines. All connections between ncd and the tpg modem are correct.
The phone socket I use is the same as I used my adsl2+ connection with previously.
The ‘connection’ and ‘dsl’ lights are still flashing intermittently.
jaradliz123
Level 3
Looks like the photo worked! Hope that shows my setup is correct.
BasilDV

Hi @jaradliz123,

Thanks for sharing the picture of your setup.

Upon checking further the account, the NBN service is still awaiting activation, which is why you are not able to get the internet through it.

We will chase this with our Provisioning team and have someone to call you within the day to provide further updates with the NBN order.

Regards,

BasilDV

jaradliz123
Level 3
Thank you.
The connection light on the NCD is now solid. Just the DSL light flashing now. Hoping it’s resolved today!
Shane

Hi jaradliz123. We've seen that our NBN Provisioning Team tried to contact you earlier today to provide the installation progress unfortunately no avail. You may contact our team directly 1300023575.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

jaradliz123
Level 3
Thanks, been in contact now awaiting NBN technician to come in a few days =(
Will

Hi @jaradliz123

From what I can tell, it is imperative for an NBN technician to complete the installation since your NBN NCD box and the DPU at the pit are not able to communicate properly.

Let's see how it goes. Feel free to leave a comment if you need some clarification or if you have other concerns.

Regards,

jaradliz123
Level 3
Thanks. Is it ok if I connect my prior modem and phone in! They seem to work and I get internet (adsl) back.
I can’t really be without internet or phone for another 4 days!