TPG Community

Get online support

How do I setup the phone on vr1600v?

SOLVED Go to solution
russvine
Level 2

I've got this modem tpg sends me with no instructions whatsoever. Finally online, but there is no phone and nothing about it in the modem, and nowhere are there instructions or SIP settings or anything on TPG?

Does the modem actually support the nbn fixed wireless or have they sent me the wrong one?

The phone is apparently activated along with the internet, soooooo???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @russvine,

Good news! this modem is already pre-configured you just need to connect it and it should be good to go.

Please see pictures below.

NFW_Diagram.jpg

Connect your telephone handset to the Phone1 port on the back of your modem

Hope this help.

Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @russvine,

Welcome to TPG Community!

The handset should be connected to the Phone 1 of the TPLink modem/router that we sent. The instruction was sent via email on the 23rd of November 2017 with a Subject line "TPG NBN Bundle Service ACTIVE (#####)".

Keep us posted if it's still not working and we will arrange a call from our Tech team.

Cheers!

russvine
Level 2

If this was all it took then I would obviously be on the phone and not asking.

I live in a mobile blackspot and have no reception, so you cannot call, my mobile.

Obviously the setup instructions are either lacking or the setup is faulty because there is no voip. So you cannot call that way. 

Any other suggestions?

Shane

Hi @russvine,

Good news! this modem is already pre-configured you just need to connect it and it should be good to go.

Please see pictures below.

NFW_Diagram.jpg

Connect your telephone handset to the Phone1 port on the back of your modem

Hope this help.

Smiley Happy

PlasticMan
Level 3

We are renovating our home and I realised that where to modem will be situated, the landline phone will not be able to be located near it. Can a landline phone be connected to the modem via its ethernet port rather than the telephony port?

BasilDV

Hi @PlasticMan 

If you are under the NBN service, then the handset will usually be connected to the Phone port of the modem/router and not the Ethernet port.

For the NBN technology, it is either phone port of the modem/router or the NBN NTD box that will be used for the VoIP.

BasilDV