TPG Community

Get online support

I haven't received service for more than 4 weeks(TPG NBN serial number mismatch)

andresalbornoz
Level 3
Exactly same problem. Not timeframe and the SIM they gave me only had 20 GB of data which is totally unreasonable since I work from my house. Once I run out of data I was told they can't give me more so Im paying for not service at all. Nobody has answer if I can cancel my contract without penalty neither.
Shane

Hi @andresalbornoz,

We're sad to learn that you feel that way. We understand how much the service means to you, our NBN Provisioning Team is working around the clock to have the serial number mismatch issue rectify unfortunately only NBN co. technicians have the authority to fix this particular issue.

We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Provisioning Case Manager earlier today and provided the update on this ongoing issue. I don’t have any further updates differing from what has already been communicated to you. Your experience is important to us and we will raise your Account Cancellation Inquiry to our Provisioning Team and arrange them contact you for the details.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Exactly same problem. Not timeframe and the SIM they gave me only had 20 GB of data which is totally unreasonable since I work from my house. Once I run out of data I was told they can't give me more so Im paying for not service at all. Nobody has answer if I can cancel my contract without penalty neither.
jdalan
Level 3

Rica_R

Hi @jdalan

We understand how you feel regarding this matter. However, NBN cannot just simply replace the Network Termination Device as the NBN network configuration for your address is still with another active NBN residential customer.

Our latest update today from NBN Order Management is that they are waiting for the customer of the third party NBN provider to provide their Proof of Occupancy, so NBN can update the network configuration of both your NTD and the other customer's NTD.

Further updates will be provided once available. 

Ewn123
Level 2
Same issue here. Oh, but it's ok they say, because they've sent me a SIM card with 20g per month to use while they get their act together. 1, I've paid for unlimited. 2, my 4 homeschooled kids can use that in a day. 3, the card hasn't even arrived.
They've been sent a picture of the box and proof of my address, it should be a simple fix. They also tried to reject a letter from a government agency as proof of our address. Apparently some random gas company would have carried more weight than the department of fair trading. Laughable.
Shane

Hi @Ewn123,

Thanks for raising this to us, we're sad to know that you're also having issues with the activation of the service. Please send us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

Also include your best contact number and preferred time we'll have one of our Provisioning Case Manager contact you to provide an update.

Regards,

Same issue here. Oh, but it's ok they say, because they've sent me a SIM card with 20g per month to use while they get their act together. 1, I've paid for unlimited. 2, my 4 homeschooled kids can use that in a day. 3, the card hasn't even arrived.
They've been sent a picture of the box and proof of my address, it should be a simple fix. They also tried to reject a letter from a government agency as proof of our address. Apparently some random gas company would have carried more weight than the department of fair trading. Laughable.
andresalbornoz
Level 3
More than 6 weeks without services. I've been told that if you move to a better provider like Telstra they should fix this faster. Really don't understand how hard can be to solve this. How cant you just send a technician to fix it?
Shane

We apologise if this issue is taking too long to be fixed, @andresalbornoz. Our NBN Provisioning Team is working around the clock to get to the bottom of this, unfortunately TPG does not have control with the provisioning issue affecting the NBN service, as we work with our suppliers to provide this particular service, which means we are reliant on their resolution to fix the issue. We will chase this with our NBN Provisioning Team for additional...

Regards,

More than 6 weeks without services. I've been told that if you move to a better provider like Telstra they should fix this faster. Really don't understand how hard can be to solve this. How cant you just send a technician to fix it?
garythomann13
Level 6

Feel the love, like and post on each others community forum threads

"NBN Dropouts & slow download - Gold Coast, Benowa 4217"

andresalbornoz
Level 3
So how did the chase go? Did you contact them again? What did NBN say? Is there any timeframe? Are they sending a technician? Dont they just need to change the nbn box details? Why is taking so long?