TPG Community

Get online support

Inconsistent download speeds

SOLVED Go to solution
Sando8488
Level 2
Currently have an issue with download speeds across the board, specifically on Xbox. I am utterly unable to maintain a constant download, when updating, or installing games download speeds are lucky to get above 3mbps down I have tried both port forwarding, and triggering, I have created a static IP and placed it into a DMZ, I’ve gone as far as to buy a 3rd party router to see if this fixes my issue. All Speedtest.net tests show clear speeds of 25/5; however when conducting external tests on speedof.me it shows speeds well below that, on average 2/3. I am using a brand new Xbox One X, and Netgear AC1900. I have spoken to both 3rd parties in regards to this issue, and they have advised I speak to my ISP. Is there something that has changed with my access allowing contact to the offshore entities? The low speeds wouldn’t be causing me this much anguish, if they were consistently slow. When downloading I can start anywhere from 25kbps, all the way up to 90mbps and it does that dance for the whole entire download, it is infuriating, and calling into question the stability or your service.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @Sando8488,

The connection issue has been raised to our Engineering Team for further investigation.

Assessment usually takes 24-48hrs; update will be provided by one of our Engineers once it's done.

We're looking forward to have this case fix as soon as possible.

Let us know if should you require further assistance.

Cheers! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @Sando8488,

The actual throughput speeds may be slower and could vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users simultaneously using the network and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG.

Are we using WI-Fi connection? Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable.

Are you able to post the result of your tests?

Thanks.

Sando8488
Level 2

Afternoon,

I understand throughput speeds can, and will be different, sometimes across the board. All the tests I conducted were done with both wireless and wired.

My Xbox is normally always wired as it sits below my router, I even ran a cable direct to my computer and created a new connection and ran the same test fully bypassing the router, with marginally better results. I have had this issue for a month or more, and it’s really starting to annoy me

Shane

Hi @Sando8488,

Thanks for the details.

I'd like to arrange one of our Technicians to contact you for further tests.

Kindly, PM me your account and contact details (username/customer ID, best contact number and preferred time)

I'll wait for your response, cheers! Smiley Happy

Shane

Hi @Sando8488,

Thanks for sending me your information.

We have this raised to our Technicians Team please expect a call within 30mins - 1hr from now.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @Sando8488,

The connection issue has been raised to our Engineering Team for further investigation.

Assessment usually takes 24-48hrs; update will be provided by one of our Engineers once it's done.

We're looking forward to have this case fix as soon as possible.

Let us know if should you require further assistance.

Cheers! Smiley Happy