TPG Community

Get online support

Just connected to HFC and already poor performance and poor support

Lenny
Level 2

Hi there,

I just got connected to TPG's NBN 50/20 plan on Thursday. It was great for the afternoon and night, but since Friday night donwload performance has been extremely poor. Around 4Mbps when I called support. This is even worse than my ADSL and also not within TPG's own acceptable speed for my plan (15Mbps). The upload speed has been great and consistent 17-18Mbps.

I was supposed to get a call today from an engineer, but no one called me, so I had to call the support line again! They told me that they were waiting for more information from me....welll why didn't any call me to ask for it?

Now I have to provide ping tests etc before someone will have a look and call me back!

I've been a long time customer with TPG and even my other family members are with TPG. I'm starting to regret this now and will probably look elsewhere if this doesn't get sorted quickly. I'm quite happy to pay a bit more for better service and support. 

Sorry for the rant....not even 3 full days of NBN and dramas after 2 days!

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @Lenny 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and reviewed the escalated ticket.

Our Engineering team is currently investigating the additional tests result that you've sent. We'll chase it with them and have someone to contact you within the day to discuss this case further.

Regards,

BasilDV

Lenny
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

Thanks for the reply. I did receive a call this morning but wasn't able to answer it at the time. I called the support line again and was told the engineers are 'still' analyzing my line and/or tests i replied back with?

I asked the tech when someone will call me back but he only said withing 24 hours.

I also replied to the SMS message for them to call me back now and still nothing.

As a customer with issues with your newly provisioned NBN service, I don't think I should be the one doing all the contacting to find the status? 

BasilDV

Hi @Lenny 

Our Engineers would like to know if the issue is time specific or it happens every time?

Also, since you've run the test on a busy time (Peak hours), are you able to run another test on a non-busy time (Off-Peak hours)? This is to help our Engineers to narrow down the cause of the issue, since they've tested the network and was not able to detect any congestion on your service.

Send the test results to the same address once done.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Lenny
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

Here is the email I just sent. As I stated below, it has only been a few days and so far it looks like poor performance in the evenings. This speeds obtained are extremely poor. It seems like it is over subscribed.

Please let me know if this is going to be ongoing. If so I can move providers.

-----------------------

Hi there,

BasilDV has asked me to send through a speed test.

Since I've only had this connected over the last few days the poor performance seems to be between 6pm - 10pm. It is below the 15Mpbs acceptable speed below your recommendations.

I did speed tests while on the phone to your support techs on Friday night and last night. It was between 4-7Mbps. I don't think this acceptable for this time period.

Please find attached a screenshot of the latest speed test. The timestamp is the time of the test.

Regards,
Lenny
Ahra_G

We understand the frustration of not being able to use the service as expected, @Lenny

We believe that one of our Engineers has already been in touch and advised you that they are still conducting further investigation and will be in touch again for any new updates. 

By the way, for some reason, we're unable to find the attached files you mentioned. You may try posting it here again or send it via private message

Thanks! 

Lenny
Level 2

I have received and replied back to the email address adsl_engineers@tpg.com.au with the tests that they required. The screenshots were in the email reply. They shoiuld be attached to the ticket by your engineers.

I've had the tech support call me (they were either Level 1 or 2 support) at around 9pm AEST when I said I was going to be home. I did a speed test for them and my upload speed was faster than my download!

He said he was going to send a tech out and I said to him, I believe the line is over subscribed as the congestion is between 6pm - 10pm, but more then happy for the tech to come during business hours and see that there is nothing wrong.

Also I experience downtime where the NBN was completely offline from about 12am at night. I ended up going to sleep at 1am waiting for it to come back online which it didn't....and yes I did reboot the NBN NTD/Connection Box and router.

I'm going to set an internal device to measure the NBN speed on a periodic basis and also subscribe to external services to monitor NBN connection for uptime.

So far the only issue free day has been on Thursday 8th Aug when it was installed. So to recap, poor performance Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday night with a bonus of total outage.

BasilDV

Hi @Lenny,

We understand that our Engineering team has been in touch and was advised about the test result within the NBN network.

There's no issues within the NBN Backhaul as there's no evident congestion, but will need to further investigate if the issue is within the TPG's network.

Further updates will be given by your assigned Engineer once available.

Regards,

BasilDV