TPG Community

Get online support

NBN - Another missed installation

SOLVED Go to solution
Nasado11
Level 2

Hi Moderators,

Preemptively thanking you for welcoming me to the community, I've read through many similar posts and understand TPG connects many customers to the NBN daily and sadly I'm not one of them and my experience has not been satisfactory, I also understand that NBN Co is a third party of which you are not responsible for the actions of, however, I am your client.

My first appointment was for the 19th of December between 1-5pm for which I took annual leave so I could explain where I wanted the NBN connection box to be installed. There was no appearance on behalf of NBN Co and no communication from either NBN or TPG as to why.

I called customer service at 6pm and was promised that an NBN co Tech would be there that day.

No one ever arrived.

The following morning I received an email and TXT message informing me of a rescheduled time with no explanation as to why my original appointment time was not completed or any form of apology as one would expect one someone doesn't show up without any communication.

The new date was the 8th of January and I had the option to type "no" on the text message to choose a different date.

I chose No, and then a day later I received an email stating that a member of customer support had been trying to contact me without success, I called the number on the email back right away as no one had attempted any contact via phone or email previous to that. I explained that I was not happy with the time frame as I would again need to take time off work and asked for a better date range, TPG was not able to assist with any other date than what NBN co had provided but assured me that I would receive a text 30 minutes before arrival on the 8th and that they would do their best to ensure NBN co came to this second appointment.

I again took annual leave to be home today (8th Jan) between 1pm and 5pm to discuss the installation to the technician.

At approx 1:15pm I found a man wearing an NBN co blue cap in the common driveway which I found odd as I didn't receive a 30-minute text message as promised but no matter as I thought it progress, I said Hello to him to be polite and left him to his business.

The NBN Co person walked to between his Hilux and the NBN co MDF in the common drive way 3-4 times, went back to this Hilux, had lunch, spent some time talking on the phone and then drove off.

I checked the NBN Co MDF and it had been opened and closed but the bolt was still somewhat loose.

I assumed another tech would come to install the Communication Box inside the house, I waited until 4:15pm until calling customer support again to find out why no one was finishing the installation, I was told the installation was still in progress which was no help to me as it added no information to what I already knew.

Now, at 11pm, I still have no NBN, no explanation as to why, no other communication from TPG and NBN Co. and honestly, no faith in either TPG or NBN Co in being able to provide me with this product as neither Tele-Communication company is able to "Communicate" with me about what is happening.

I'm left wondering, why can I order my groceries online and get an accurate ETA to the exact hour on when my groceries will arrive from a grocery store, yet my communication company is not able to communicate with me when "Communication" should be their field of expertise?

Moving forward, as I don't believe TPG and NBN Co is capable of providing me with the NBN at this stage;

1) How can I cancel my NBN connection and return the new Gigabit router with the understanding that as I was charged $10 to have this sent to me, I would expect it only fair that TPG wears the same postage cost in having the item sent back to TPG.

2) As I have not had a pleasant experience with TPG ability to communicate with me, I would like to end my agreement with TPG, I've read the Terms and Condition and understand that I must provide 30 days notice as I'm no longer in contract however, I've also read many posts from disgruntled former clients that TPG also charge another month worth of fee's as the 30 days inevitably goes into a new billing cycle, I would expect that TPG would honour a pro-rata rate for any days in that 30 day period and not charge a full month.

I would also expect my line is made available to be ported to a competitor's connection within that 30 days and TPG would still provide me with said service until my termination period is completed based on me paying the Pro Rata rate.

3) At the start of the agreement in 2013, I prepaid $20 for an excessive call charge, I've read the recent Telecommunications Industry Ombudsmen report from December and understand that this must also be refunded to me.

You should be able to find my account details easily using my community details and I look forward to a response and resolution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nasado11
Level 2
Hi @Riezl
Thank you, I've been in contact with Raymond who has been helpful in cancelling the NBN order for me.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Nasado11
Level 2
I'm yet to receive any communication about the failure to finish the work yesterday or any response to this message, however, I have just received another text message changing the date to the 23rd of January now.....
What is happening here?
Shane

Hi @Nasado11,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write about your experience.

Whilst we successfully install thousands of NBN services each week we would like to sincerely apologise that this was not your experience.

We understand your frustrations regarding the missed installation appointment particularly when you have organised for a friend to be available.

We do acknowledge the complexity of certain installations which can lead to unforeseen delays which looks like may have been the case with the technician who was scheduled to complete your installation.

Whilst we appreciate that delays can happen we expect to be notified as soon as possible to minimise the inconvenience for our consumers. We will certainly be raising our concerns to NBN Co on your behalf.

We appreciate your patience and will be in contact with you tomorrow to organise the most suitable time to reschedule the installation as soon as possible for you.

To ensure we have the correct contact details feel free to PM me your best contact number and preferred time tomorrow.

Nasado11
Level 2

@Shane wrote:

Hi @Nasado11,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write about your experience.

Whilst we successfully install thousands of NBN services each week we would like to sincerely apologise that this was not your experience.

We understand your frustrations regarding the missed installation appointment particularly when you have organised for a friend to be available.

We do acknowledge the complexity of certain installations which can lead to unforeseen delays which looks like may have been the case with the technician who was scheduled to complete your installation.

Whilst we appreciate that delays can happen we expect to be notified as soon as possible to minimise the inconvenience for our consumers. We will certainly be raising our concerns to NBN Co on your behalf.

We appreciate your patience and will be in contact with you tomorrow to organise the most suitable time to reschedule the installation as soon as possible for you.

To ensure we have the correct contact details feel free to PM me your best contact number and preferred time tomorrow.

Hi @Shane,

Thanks for the reply but I suspect you might have cut and copied the wrong script as your reply doesn't address any of the concerns I raised or reference any of the material I mentioned.

I've already clicked "No" on the new text message I was sent about the new installation date so no doubt I will receive a call tomorrow as that seems to be the MO of the automated systems with TPG.

Again, none of this leaves me feeling like I'm being listened too as a client or communicated with correctly.
At this point, I really just want to cancel my service and find an ISP with a more customer-centric focus.

Riezl

We're sorry to know that you're now considering cancelling the service and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this issue is causing you, @Nasado11.

Our Provisioning Team tried to contact you today, but to no avail. We will make a follow up and will have the case manager contact you before 5PM NSW Time to further discuss the matter.

Nasado11
Level 2
Hi @Riezl
Thank you, I've been in contact with Raymond who has been helpful in cancelling the NBN order for me.
Shane

Hi @Nasado11,

We're glad to know that you have been in contact with one of our Technicians; In case you have queries in the future do not to open a thread here in our community.

Cheers!