NBN Cancel Request

harleychang79
Level 2

Found out 2 days ago that NBN is not available for my unit so it can't be installed by the NBN technician.  Just received a text saying TPG will update me with any progress with no time frame.  I don't really want wait so please cancel my application effective immediately and process a refund.   Please make sure it's done asap as I don't want to keep ringing.

Customer ID: XXXXXXX

6 REPLIES 6
Riezl

Hi @harleychang79, we're sorry to know that you're having issues with the service installation and now considering cancelling the service.

We'd like to check what can be done to turn this experience around as we value you as our customer.

We have located the account using the information you have provided and we can see that the issue has been escalated to our Provisioning Team.

We have already made a follow up and the case manager will contact you within the day to discuss the concerns you have raised.

Should you have a preferred contact number and time, please send it via PM.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

harleychang79
Level 2
Received a call from a TPG staff, I was advised that I will get a refund less the freight charge of $10 once the modem has been returned. This seems absurd when the cancellation was due to TPG unable to provide me with NBN connection. Nor have I changed my mind or any circumstances have changed on my side. This whole thing has been a very bitter experience and now I'm being penalised for something that I have no control over, and TPG proceeded with the application saying NBN was available for the property. And in fact when I called for the first time I was advised that I will receive a full refund.

To be honest I don't want to waste any more time and energy. It's up to you whether you refund the freight charge but if I don't get a full refund I am going to cancel my other NBN and mobile phone account with TPG.
Will

Hi @harleychang79

My apologies that this hasn't been a pleasant experience for you.

From what I gathered, your building doesn't have the required network infrastructure to support NBN at the moment. This puts a further delay on the installation since there will be additional planning and design that will have to be submitted to Building management or Strata.

Seeing that this is an unforeseen event that no one wants to happen, I totally understand as to why you're requesting a refund for the $10 modem shipping fee you paid upfront.

I'll have this raised for further review and consideration. You will be notified once it's approved.

Regards,

Will

Hi @harleychang79,

The $10 shipping fee will now be included in the refund that was previously discussed with you. Once the modem has been returned to TPG, our Accounts Team will start processing your refund.

Feel free to leave a message if you have other concerns.

Regards,

harleychang79
Level 2
Hi

It's been almost 2 weeks since the modem was pick up by StarTrack. Can you let me know when my refund will be processed?
Riezl

Hi @harleychang79, we can see that it has been completed. There will be a clearing period that will take 3-5 banking days.

You may check it with your bank after this time has passed.