TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Installation NO SHOW + ADSL Down

mchoeng
Level 3

Took the day off work today and was suppose to have an NBN technician come (18/01/19) from 1-5pm. Waited all day and no one turned up. I called TPG at about 4pm to have any update on whether they would come and the person assured me that "they would be there to install it". Obviously 5pm came and no one still showed up so i called TPG again and they said that NBN technician didn't show up because "it was too hot for weather conditions". What kind of excuse is that? and plus i was given no information of this, no emails or updates unless i called TPG. So now the closest date that they could rebook for me was on the 26/01/19 on Australia day.... 

My landline also hasn't been working due to it being ported over to TPG for the NBN connection meaning my ADSL with TPG have dropped. Three people have told me all conflicting types of information which i now don't know what to follow or believe. The first person told me that due to the porting process of the landline, we have to wait until the NBN is installed and then our landline will come back and there is no need to contact our current service provider. The second person told me that this is a problem with the current service provider for the landline and that i should contact them. Now i called my current service provider and they informed me that the line is no longer with them or is not recognised in their system. I called for the last time and was transferred to a "case manager" who informed me that the landline should not be disconnected. I did not call my service provider to disconnect it, i informed TPG on the 07/01/19 when upgrading to NBN to transfer my landline over to TPG and thats it. I'm sick and tired of calling plus being put on hold for long periods of time only to be transferred to someone who gives conflicting information. 

29 REPLIES 29
mchoeng
Level 3

Plus my speeds have been of 0.4mbps download which is unusable at all since teh 15th Jan. So i have to wait from the 15-26th Jan with practically no internet connection. 

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/bb13cf40-1af8-11e9-afb5-bf1aa6f5b878

mchoeng
Level 3

I am waiting for a response and a solution on this because it is appalling and unacceptable. I understand that the NBN technician not showing up is not your fault however the customer service explaining this to me was unpleasant. Furthermore i do not have a clear answer by your call operators on what is going on with my landline phone. Being transferred around different deparments having to explain my story each and every single time is not at all good customer service, especially with the long holds. It is only driving me further wanting to cancel my plan with TPG

Riezl

Hi @mchoeng, we're sorry to know about this NBN installation delay, number porting and ADSL connection issue and we apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you.

We have located the account using your community details.

We have escalated your concern to our Provisioning Team and a case manager will be in touch tomorrow, before 12PM NSW Time to further discuss the matter.

Should you have a preferred contact number and time, please send it via PM.

Shane

Hi @mchoeng,

We can see that you have been in contact with one of our Technicians and discussed the appointment date of your NBN service installation.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

mchoeng
Level 3

Once again, the rescheduled appointment given today by TPG was 26/1/18 (1-5pm). I was called 3 times during the week and advised that the "case manager" is closely following and keeping track on my installation and was promised that the technician would come today. No one turned up, no updates, no emails or calls. I am extremely disappointed with your service, which is non existent and have not provided me with any customer service whatsover other than reminding me of these pointless dates to be at home when they do not turn up. This is the second time i have had to take the day off work and from what i can see TPG does not provide any compensation, i do not want a reschedule because i cannot take anymore days off work. I have already told the 3 "case managers" that called me during the week that if my NBN is not installed in this SECOND rescheduled appointmnet, i will be forced to cancel this NBN installation as a whole and they advised me there will be no cancellation fees. I'm not going to explain this situation to 4 different people on the TPG customer service since all they do is transfer me around, so please get someone who actually knows of this situation to call me about the cancellation. 

Riezl

Hi @mchoeng, we apologise for the inconvenience this issue is causing you.

We'll have a Provisioning Team Case Manager contact you tomorrow before 12PM NSW time to address this concern.

mchoeng
Level 3

Please contact between 11-12pm NSW time. I assume the manager will already know my standpoint and this situation before contacting me and not place me on extensive holds like last time, ultimately wasting my time. As a customer of up to 15 years this is extremely dissapointing.

Riezl

We'll advise our Provisioning Team, @mchoeng. Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

BasilDV

Hi @mchoeng,

We understand that our Service deliver team has been in touch and we apologise for the inconvenience and frustrations regarding the delay in your NBN installation.

Soon all of Australia will be connected to the NBN and while in many cases there is a smooth transition we apologise that this was not your experience.

We know that you've decided to stay with the ADSL2+ service instead, since NBN wasn't successful to install the service. The refund was requested from our Customer service team and will be in touch at your convenience.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV