NBN Installation

shaneblitz
Level 2

Once I get the NBN modem delivered, do I install it myself into the existing phone line (FTTC)?.  How do I notify TPG that this has been completed and get it switched over from ADSL?

4 REPLIES 4
BryanR

Hi@shaneblitz ,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your CID (customer identication number) or your mobile phone number so can look at this service for you.

Thanks

Regards

Bryan

BryanR

Hi@shaneblitz,

On checking your NBN FTTC service is “Change in Progress”.  You may have received your equipment ahead of time so you can connect it when notified. 

You can check your TPG order  progress:  via your username at https://www.tpg.com.au/support/trackmyorder.

In the meantime  You can try plugging the equipment in: 

Just unplug any existing modem or filter or phones out of sockets.  Plug in (using the supplied "B" cord) the NBN NCD (White box) to the wall socket.           

This will click away for 15 minutes or so and LEDS should go to Blue colour  eventually if service is ok.

If not working, roll back by reconnecting your previous ADSL modem equipment and give it a couple of more days (or when advised) and then try again. 

Whilst its doing this Plug in your modem see below for helpful tips on this. " Watch our short video guide on how to set up your NBN FTTC service. Visit https://link.tpg.com.au/hgzDYj "

Regards

Bryan

shaneblitz
Level 2

Thank you Brian.

Modem not received yet and it will have to be quarantined for the required 2 weeks upon its arrival due to covid 19 requirements.

I will wait for tpg to advise me the service has been cut over to nbn before setting it up, thank you.

The order was a pre order and was supposed to be done by 9th april, but i get that given the current situation there will be delays so no stress, yet

Cheers

shaneblitz
Level 2
Thanks Bryan, will tpg advise when the nbn is switched on? It may take a few days after it is on before I can connect the modem. Can you please tell me how much data is on my nbn plan to please?