NBN Installation

bjay51855
Level 2

Hi TPG, just wanted to check in ask if you can tell me when my internet might be finally connected??? Have been waiting for >2 months now and last I heard would be another 2 for NBN to maybe complete some work at my home. Dont suppose you have any updates on this or are actually able to ask NBN when they might get around to doing it? Thanks. Account name is xxxxx

10 REPLIES 10
Shane

Hi @bjay51855 ,

Thanks for raising this to us, we made follow up on this with our NBN provisioning team and arranged them to contact you tomorrow between 10-12NN AEST. Make sure to keep the mobile phone available for the call and let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

@bjay51855 wrote:

Hi TPG, just wanted to check in ask if you can tell me when my internet might be finally connected??? Have been waiting for >2 months now and last I heard would be another 2 for NBN to maybe complete some work at my home. Dont suppose you have any updates on this or are actually able to ask NBN when they might get around to doing it? Thanks. Account name is xxxxx

bjay51855
Level 2

Hi, still no real answer to when I might be connected. I received the call the day after posting my previous message and was then told I would be contacted within 24 hours with a date - I was not contacted within this time frame and was sent a text message a few days later which just said there are delays with NBN and no date was given. I understand there are issues with NBN however, this has been ongoing for quite some time now and the lack of communication from TPG is becoming increasingly frustrating. I would also like some assurances that I will be compensated for the significant delays in getting connected. 

BasilDV

We apologise for the inconvenience, @bjay51855.

We've checked the NBN order and it still shows that it held due to pending LIC (Lead-In Conduit) extension required.

The planned remediation date is still the same, which is 29 June 2021.

They are unable to expedite planned remediation date. Please note that the date is provided based on requirement assessment; i.e. resources such as materials, technician capacity, etc. conducted by NBN field technicians to complete the work. We'll chase this with our NBN Provisioning team and have someone to contact you for further discussion.

BasilDV

bjay51855
Level 2

Hi, the final part of the lead in conduit has been completed last week some time by NBN. I was told previously that I still will need another appointment from an NBN technician to be able to connect the internet. Are you able to make me an appointment for this.

Thanks, Bryce

Riezl

We'll advise our Provisioning Team regarding this and we'll have the Case Manager contact you for further updates. Thank you.

bjay51855
Level 2

Hi again TPG, I was supposed to have an NBN technician come out this afternoon to complete the connection at my property - this was supposedly booked in over a week ago and I have received multiple messages confirming the same. Just now I got a phone call from my areas NBN contractor to book in a time to connect the NBN - apparently no booking was actually made at any point with them despite the multiple confirmation messages to me. Luckily they are able to come tommorrw. This lack of communication between NBN/TPG and their contractors is absolutely garbage. I have now had to wait around at home for appointments on several occasions and I still have not been connected. I have already complained to the TIO to even get an appointment booked in - which has not happened. I would now like to demand 3 months of free service once I am finally connected. Can you please arrange for this to happen so I don't have to waste more of my time complaining further to the TIO

Shane

Hi @bjay51855,

We're sad to know that no technician showed up to complete the installation of the service, I can see that you have been in contact with one of our Provisioning case Manager and provided the progress of the installation, we will chase this with the assigned Complaints Resolution Team. Please confirm your best contact number and preferred time tomorrow, we'll have the assigned Complaints Resolution Case Manager contact you to provide the latest update. 

Regards,

Hi again TPG, I was supposed to have an NBN technician come out this afternoon to complete the connection at my property - this was supposedly booked in over a week ago and I have received multiple messages confirming the same. Just now I got a phone call from my areas NBN contractor to book in a time to connect the NBN - apparently no booking was actually made at any point with them despite the multiple confirmation messages to me. Luckily they are able to come tommorrw. This lack of communication between NBN/TPG and their contractors is absolutely garbage. I have now had to wait around at home for appointments on several occasions and I still have not been connected. I have already complained to the TIO to even get an appointment booked in - which has not happened. I would now like to demand 3 months of free service once I am finally connected. Can you please arrange for this to happen so I don't have to waste more of my time complaining further to the TIO

Shane

Hi @bjay51855,

We can see that the installation has completed yesterday and the service is now working. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

bjay51855
Level 2
Hi Shane, now that I've been connected after over 3 months of frustration and cancelled appointments I want 3 months of free service. More than happy to go straight to the TIO again if you're not able to help like I had to last time.