TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Technician Failed to Show Up for Installation

Cthelderman
Level 2

I am extremely disappointed with the service provided on my TPG installation for NBN.

I have been contacted ‘daily’ for the past 5 days informing me that my installation is scheduled for today between 1pm and 5pm and to be home and present for the installation.

Having been at home all afternoon (off work) and then for the window to pass with no update and no communication from NBN or TPG i called the TPG support line. After speaking to Caroline from the provisioning team, there was no empathy shown and was told just to ‘wait’ for the technician or a phone call after 24 hours and someone will reschedule the appointment. This is a less than satisfactory response and demonstrates no care at all for the customer given that people have to take either a full day or half day off work to attend such a long appointment time.

I was a TPG customer previously for 6 years on ADSL and had great service which helped my decision to move back to you - but this has left me questioning my decision entirely.

I would like to have one of the ‘Senior Case Managers’ be in contact with me to discuss this matter, as i am sure i am not the only customer who has been left extremely disappointed and frustrated at waiting for a technician who did not show up at all and no phone call made.

Yours sincerely

Chris H

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @Cthelderman ,

Welcome to the community!

We apologise for the inconvenience. We're able to locate your account using your community details. We can see that your NBN installation is scheduled today, 10th of July. However, due to a provisioning issue, there has been a delay in activating your service on the NBN service management end. The NBN Co. is rushing to roll out installations and some of our statistics reveal that they are finding it difficult to stay on top of the demand.

We will chase this with our Provisioning Team and request for urgent feedback tomorrow. If you wish to be contacted at a specific time tomorrow, feel free to PM me your best contact number and preferred time today.

In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @Cthelderman ,

One of our Provisioning Case Manager tried to contact you earlier today unfortunately no avail you may also contact them directly 1-300-02-3575 for more information. They sent you an email with regards the installation progress.

New Book Appointment: Tuesday, 23 July 2019, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @Cthelderman,

We'll keep an eye on your NBN service installation. In case you need a reference once the its the service is installed.

You may visit this article. NBN FTTC Setup - General Setup

Cheers!