TPG Community

Get online support

NBN install delayed -- can I get an earlier date?

conaltuohy
Level 3

For anyone reading this who's had the same problem, it's worth asking for an earlier date; my TPG case manager persisted with hassling NBNCo and has now managed to secure me an earlier date. Yay!

Mc_Gerald

Hi @conaltuohy, we are pleased to hear that your case manager was able to arrange an earlier appointment for your service installation. Thanks for raising this matter and giving us the opportunity to help you. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you need further assistance. 

conaltuohy
Level 3

The NBN technician came today, installed the cable and modem, but despite working on it for over an hour, was not able to get it working. He told me that there was something wrong with the network (outside my house), and that some other NBN network technicion would need to look at it. He wasn't able to tell me when that might happen. Can I get some update please on where things stand? 

BasilDV

Hi @conaltuohy,

We've checked the updates from NBN Co and we were advised that due to the Modem signal issues, the activation of the account could not be completed.

Currently, they are organizing another technician to investigate and fix the issue, but there's no time frame when they will be able to resolve this.

Our Service delivery team is monitoring the account and will be in touch once an update is available.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

annoyed
Level 2

Had an appointment 4/2 no show and no communication.

Had new appointment 12/2 and same with no communication.

TPG now blame NBN which is funny seeing as the reminders from tpg made no mention of the tech being nbn. now new date is 2/4 yes april. Ihave no confidence and frankly dont believe tpg

Will

Hi @annoyed

Welcome to the Community!

I can only imagine how frustrating your experience has been.

Using your community details, I was able to pull up your account and able to review the history of your NBN order.

As explained by the Case Managers that you've spoken to previously, the reasons why the first 2 appointments were missed are due to weather-related and NBN technician capacity. The NBN installation can only be done by NBN technicians since the infrastructure itself is owned by NBNCo.

I can see that your current NBN technician appointment is booked  for April 2, 2019 which is the earliest schedule at the moment.

Regards,

mlee202002
Level 2
Same here.

First appointment 01/02 no show.
2nd was to be 26/02 then got a SMS today telling me now new appointment date to be 11/04.
I don’t know what to say now but this is among one of the worst experiences we’ve had since internet was invented.
Will

Hi @mlee202002

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for raising this concern with us. I checked your account using your community details to look into your records.

On February 1, you have spoken to a Provisioning Case Manager pertaining to the installation appointment on that same date. The explanation provided to you regarding the missed appointment was due to Technician Capacity with NBNCo. We then rescheduled the appointment for February 26. Unfortunately, this appointment can't push through due to NBNCo's workforce capacity constraints.

Your NBN installation appointment is currently set for Thursday, 11 April 2019, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM. We understand that the installation wait time is less than ideal, however, this is the earliest appointment from NBNCo.

Regards,

mlee202002
Level 2

@Erika wrote:

Hi @conaltuohy

I've sent you a PM and provided you with a solution to use while we are awaiting for the service to be installed, kindly check your inbox for more details.

Regards, 

mlee202002
Level 2

Thanks for looking in Will.

Although this new date(11/04) I am being offered now feels like I've been pushed down to the bottom of the wait list and starting all over again.

Back to the same question of owner of this thread - why can't we - the ones being cancelled due to NBN's reasons - be placed in the front the queue as we pre-registered the NBN and shouldn't need to wait for this long (over 3 months).

Sadly my current ADSL+ is on and off, and offers an extremely low speed of 70-80kb/s. And unfortunately due to previous relocation, I am being locked in a contract and still have months to go.

I'd appreciate if TPG can treat this with some sort of urgency as I am about to pick up the phone with the Telecommunication Ombudsman.