I would like to report a fault on my NBN connection. It keeps breaking out regularly. I have had to reset 3 times.
I am now using my mobile hot spot which is not ideal. I need to use my mobile hot spot now and then to get an urgent piece of item done.
Another person in the same building has the same plan as me and has no issues.
What could be wrong? If this cannot be rectified, this connection is no use to me for the fee that I need to pay.
I have checked your NBN-FTTB 50/20 service in our portals and all tests are passing at the moment.
There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:
1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.
2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.
3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.
In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:
• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Slow-speed-issue/ba-p/1197
• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Easy-Steps-to-Improve-Wi-Fi-Connection-In-Your-Hom...
• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Wireless-Channel-on-your-modem-what-is-it-and-why...
We have also created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/How-to-Check-for-NBN-Network-Outage/m-p/45557#M17...