TPG Community

Get online support

NBN otage or TPG planned maintenance

Billi20
Level 3

Hello,

I lost internet connection about 2:30 PM - 11/3/2019.

Accidentally we had a storm at the time so I am not sure if it’s weather/NBN related or is it outage on the TPG side due to planned maintenance.

I have checked the service status, there is some maintenance scheduled for Clontarf QLD for the 11/3/2019… A suburb away from where I am.

The NBN modem upstream light is flashing for about an hour now.

Can you please update me what is the issue?

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Will

Hi @Billi20 

I don't see any reported outage that will directly affect your connection. I performed tests and it shows that the NBN box is offline which simply confirms the light status you're getting. This will need NBNCo's investigation. I have escalated this concern to our Engineering Team so we can chase it with NBNCo.

You will be contacted by our Engineering Team via call or SMS before 9PM QLD tonight.

Regards,

Billi20
Level 3

Hi Will,

Thanks for your quick reply. I was contacted by a your tech support person saying the problem has been forwarded to NBNco, so now is up to wait and see whether technician will have to come or it can be solved remotely. I have a feeling the NBN modem was affected by power surge due to sudden severe electric discharge due to the storm.

Regards

Will

Hi @Billi20

Thankfully, you already have an NBN technician appointment to look into what's affecting the service. I can see that you have already confirmed your attendance to the appointment.

Let's wait for NBNCo to fix the issue, but don't hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance.

Regards,