TPG Community

Get online support

New connection - Issues from day 1

alugandulas
Level 2

Hello,

First of all Well Done to TPG!!!!....

TPG marketing team was doing a really good job getting the new customers. In my case they were after me to upgrade my ADSL to NBN. Finally after 2 weeks they convinced me to upgrade.

I was so exicited and waited for my NBN connection. After a week TPG and NBN guys activated my service and ofcourse they took money from credit card.

They never worried to make sure that internet connection stable enough to use it. Connection is keeps dropping. Now I am chasing them every day to get my internet issue fixed.   Their answer is NBN needs to fix the issue and they don't know how many days will it take to fix the issue.

Now I don't have a stable internet connection to work from home. I have to travel to go to work. I was happy with my ADSL connection.

Any suggestions ? Why can't they escalate this issue to get it fixed ASAP ?

9 REPLIES 9
Shane

Hi @alugandulas,

Welcome to the community!

We are sad to know that you're having difficulty with your newly installed NBN service. We are able to locate your account using your community. Based on the latest log on file, this issue is now being handled by our Engineering Team.

One of our Engineers tried to call you earlier today, unfortunately no avail. Based on the fault's update we identified that the issue is with the network controlled by the NBN Co. This unfortunately means the only NBN Co. Technicians have the authority to fix this fault. We have this escalated to NBN Co and currently waiting for the update.

We will chase this up with them and pass this on for additional reference. Further updates will be provided by our Engineering Team via SMS or Phone call. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Cheers!

alugandulas
Level 2

Hey!..

Thanks for the same update. in fact from last 4 days you guys are providing me the same update like a recorded audio. How many days will take to get an update from NBN ?   2 days ago one of your engineer said that this issue has escalated to Tier 2 but I got the same message today. I wasn't getting good speed with ADSL but at least it was stable.

I am asking the same question again here. How many days should i wait ? Hope you guys understand the customer's frustation and get this issue fixed asap.

Shane

Hi @alugandulas,

Regrettably, I wish I was the bearer of better news. Our Engineering Team's assessment shows that there is an issue NBN Co.'s network. We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Engineers and advised that no ETR yet from NBN Co.

We don’t have any further updates differing from what has already been communicated to you. Your experience is important to us and we will be keeping a close eye on your case, futher updates will be provided via SMS or Phone call.

alugandulas
Level 2

HI I got a voice mail yesterday from your team. They said that connection is stable for a while but i can confirm that i am still having issues. 

Below error messages i can see in the log file. It's the same message i've been noticing since first day. 

I

ID	Time	Type	Level	Log Content
1	2019-04-07 14:32:24	PPP	Error	ppp3
2	2019-04-07 14:32:24	PPP	Error	ppp3 Timeout waiting for PADO packets
3	2019-04-07 14:31:21	PPP	Error	ppp3
4	2019-04-07 14:31:21	PPP	Error	ppp3 Timeout waiting for PADO packets
5	2019-04-07 14:30:27	PPP	Error	ppp3
6	2019-04-07 14:30:27	PPP	Error	ppp3 Timeout waiting for PADO packets
7	2019-04-07 14:29:34	PPP	Error	ppp3
8	2019-04-07 14:29:34	PPP	Error	ppp3 Timeout waiting for PADO packets
BasilDV

Hi @alugandulas,

Thanks for the update.

I understand that our Engineering team is still monitoring the case since NBN Co advised us that your service is affected by a network fault in which their nbn workforce has been engaged to investigate and rectify the issue.

Further updates will be given by your assigned Engineer via SMS or phone call once available.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

arien73
Level 2

Just out of curiousity, why is tpg still charging as per normal if they claimed it’s beyond their ability to act? Shouldn’t u guys offered to make some monetary rebate to us? I had for almost 3 weeks and abt 1 week I didn’t had any internet connection! So why r we still get charged the full month and not those days we had internet?

BasilDV

Hi @arien73,

The price of our NBN service is fixed, hence no discount or rebate will be given.

We understand that this case is being handled by our Engineering team and an NBN technician was booked to help us resolve the issue within your service.

Further updates will be given via SMS or phone call once available.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

arien73
Level 2

Thank u for yr prompt reply. No worries at all, wasn’t expecting yr answer to be positive anyway. Heard so much abt yr infamous customer service and can only blamed myself for merely having an unlucky moment to be down with internet for almost a week and all I get is “yr technician has been booked and sorry abt yr inconvenience”. Luckily I haven’t chosen  the top plan!

Shane

Hi @arien73

We understand how much your service mean to you. We will pass this to the assigned Engineer handling this case for additional reference. Based on the latest log file we have identified that the issue is with the network controlled by the NBN co.

This unfortunately means only NBN co. technicians have the authority to fix this fault. At the moment an NBN Technician is scheduled to check your connection on, 01 May 2019, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM and your attendance is needed.

Further updates will be provided by the assigned Engineer. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!