Port home phone number

SOLVED Go to solution
Shane

Hi @mc,

Thanks for sending us your details. I have confirmed that your given home phone number has been ported yesterday.

I advised one of our Technicians to try to call your home phone number and it goes through unfortunately no one answer.

Try to ring your home phone number again and let us know how it will go. Cheers!

mc
Level 3
Level 3
Hi,
No one has rung us on our home phone number. Sent you a message with the details.
BasilDV

Thank you for sending the information via PM @mc.

You are right. The home phone number shows active with the correct number which was successfully ported, however, it says on the account that the phone is not registered which is why it is not working.

I will notify our Engineering team who's handling your initial issue with the speed to check your home phone as well.

Your experience is important to us and we will be keeping a close eye on your matter and will provide you with updates where possible.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Hi @mc,

I understand that our Engineering team has been in touch and the Home phone is already working.

Further updates with the slow internet issue will be given by them.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

mc
Level 3
Level 3
Thank you. My home phone is now working with my old number now ported. Now just have to wait to see if I can get better than 11mbps download speed and 2mbps upload on the NBN50 plan. What else can go wrong? Have been advised a NBN tech has been booked to check speeds any time from now until 18.7.18. Thanks for your help TPG Community. Will let you know how that goes.
Riezl

Thanks for getting back to us, @mc.

NBN Technician has been booked to investigate what is causing the low speed and please be assured that our Engineering Team is closely monitoring the case.

You will receive further updates via SMS or a phone call as soon as the technician visit is completed.

Should you require any assistance, please let us know. Thank you.

gmtoz
Level 3
Hi

To add to my long list of problems with my TPG NBN installation I requested a number port for my home phone. Unfortunately Telstra refused to release it.

That was resolved last week after my complaint was handled and Telstra has advised it was released to TPG then

However it is still not working and my emails to your porting team go unanswered

Maybe I’m being impatient but it’s a month and a half without a working home phone (even though I’m being charged for it)

Shane

Hi @gmtoz,

We can see that you have been in contact with one of our Complaints Resolution Case Manager handling your case and advised that TPG unable to port the service phone number you requested because the number is currently not active. Due to this, we advised you to contact Telstra to release the service phone number from quarantine and reactivate.

Let us know once the number is released from quarantine and reactivated to initiate the porting request.

Regards,

gmtoz
Level 3
Hi
If you read my post I finally got Telstra to reconnect and they have advised they have released the number

I advised your team of this by email on phone no less than 4 times. Unfortunately no reply and no action
Shane

Hi @gmtoz

Thanks for the additional details. We don’t have any further updates differing from what has already been communicated to you. Your experience is important to us and we will pass this on to the assigned Complaints Resolution Case Manager handling this case for additional reference.

Regards,