TPG Community

Get online support

Porting phone number AWAY from TPG

SOLVED Go to solution
SomeGuyInOz
Level 2

I have a TPG NBN FTTN service with home phone.

I would like to port the phone number on that service to another VoIP provider.  I am happy if TPG supplies me with a new phone number for my TPG phone service, but I need to move my current TPG phone number away while keeping my NBN + phone service.

How do I go about doing this and is it even possible?  If it's not, I will probably have to move my entire TPG NBN service to another ISP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @SomeGuyInOz,

You can simply provide them the complete home phone number associated with your current VoIP service with us.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
BasilDV

Good day @SomeGuyInOz.

Welcome to TPG Community!

It is possible to port your current number to a different VoIP provider. To process that, you need to coordinate with your preferred provider to port the number, once it is successfully ported with them, you need to immediately inform us to avoid the cancellation of your TPG NBN account.

Kind regards,

SomeGuyInOz
Level 2

Thanks for your reply.

When giving my details to the new VoIP provider, what do I use as my TPG account number?  Should I use the "Plan ID" under "NBN Digital Voice Tools"?  Or is the the "ID" for the entire account?

Shane

Hi @SomeGuyInOz,

You can simply provide them the complete home phone number associated with your current VoIP service with us.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

chillyphilly01
Level 2

Hi, I have the exact same request and have made multiple phone calls to support and they keep telling me that if I port the number away there is no way to keep the internet as well. Is this true?

Ahra_G

Hi chillyphilly01

Welcome to TPG Community! 

I've managed to pull up your account using your Community details and have seen that you have contacted our support line.

I have confirmed this infomation and yes, you can actually port your homephone number to another VoIP provider of your choice.

Once you have started the process of porting, please let us know so we can indicate necessary information in your account to avoid disconnection of your internet service. 

Feel free to let us know should you have further queries. 

Cheers! 

chillyphilly01
Level 2

Thanks for the quick reply! Based on this, I plan to initiate the port today. Am I able to sort out that stuff through you or will I need to call support again, I am just a little nervous as all the support people I spoke to didn't really seem to understand what I was asking.

Thanks

Riezl

Hi @chillyphilly01, the assigned escalation officer will contact you to discuss the porting process.

Please expect to receive a call within the day.

We'll also continue monitoring the case and keep you posted for updates where possible.

chillyphilly01
Level 2

Ok thank you so much. Ill keep you posted on how I go.

Riezl

Thanks @chillyphilly01. Smiley Happy