TPG Community

Get online support

Username: xxxxxx - TPG NBN not working.

SOLVED Go to solution
andrewangac
Level 3

Since applying for NBN on 9/10/2019, I am not able to connect to new service. Called TPG numerous times, they alway said mismatch of equipment with my address. Going to give up TPG NBN because disappointed with TPG and NBN.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
andrewangac
Level 3

Hi BasilDV

Thank you for replying my post.

I feel the TPG staff and whoever this case manager is (he or she did not call me to update my status) have mishandle my case.  Refer to chronological events below: -

• 9 Oct 2019 -TPG has get my address wrong in the NBN application in first place. Instead of “Unit 12/51-53 Loftus Crescent, Homebush NSW 2140”, TPG put it as “Unit 13/51-53 Loftus Crescent Homebush NSW 2140”. How can they make such a silly mistake? I made numerous calls and each time I must explain to TPG staff my address in their system is wrong.
  • On 12 Oct 2019, I called TPG and the staff requested me to send the proof of my occupancy to this email address nbnorder@tpg.com.au. I emailed an RMS letter my change of address in driving licence as evidence to TPG.
  • On 16 Oct 2019, TPG helpdesk sent me an email titled “Technical Issue Resolved (Ticket number # 9902711) but in fact the issue was not resolved, and I have to make a call back to TPG again. This time round, the staff requested me to send proof of my occupancy to this email address nbnfaults@tpg.com.au. And I again I emailed the same RMS letter to TPG.
  • On 17 Oct 2109, I made another call to TPG to check the status of NBN application and my call was passed from one person to another and eventually landed at one case manager by the name of NJ. She again asked me to send proof of my occupancy to TPG. I can’t believe this, third time!!! but to another email nbnpod@tpg.com.au . Anyway, I still emailed the same RMS letter to TPG.
  • I waited patiently for the issue. So, on 4 Nov 2019 I made another call to TPG. My call was eventually landed at one case manager (by the name of Jenny). She explained that NBN said Unit 13 and Unit 12 is the same unit and id on their record. She said my proof of occupancy was also not good enough for NBN to believe that I live at Unit 12 and wanted me to send TPG more solid evidence of my occupancy. I have no choice but obediently emailed a letter (titled Strata Management company requesting me as owner of this unit to pay my strata) to nbnpod@tpg.com.au

From the above saga, you can see I am really disappointed with services rendered by TPG staff or case manager. I am giving TPG and NBN three more days, hopefully they can resolve it if not I will cancel my application and ask for refund.

View solution in original post

andrewangac
Level 3

Hi Shane,

My TPG NBN is now working well. Thank you your technician (Jason), it was just  5-10 minutes job for him and he fixed the problem. 

I hope that TPG can the improve their customer services and give the right services, eg staff should not make silly mistake in recording customers’ residency address to delaying in handling customers complaints on TPG internet, etc. Just for attention, my address in TPG system is still recorded as “Unit xx, xx-xx Loftus xxxx, Homebush NSW xxx” instead of my address “Unit x, xx-xx Loftus xxxx Homebush NSW xxx.

Regards

“Unsatisfy with the service” customer

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
BasilDV

Hi @andrewangac 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We sincerely apologise for the delay in installing your NBN service.

Each location is allocated a unique location ID which is required to install the service. We understand that you've been advised by your case manager to forward a proof of address for us to request for a new location ID to progress the installation of your NBN service.

Your case manager will provide you with the updates as soon as it becomes available.

In the meantime, if you have any further enquiries or require general information on the matter, contact us here and we'll be sure to get this coordinated for you.

Regards,

BasilDV

andrewangac
Level 3

Hi BasilDV

Thank you for replying my post.

I feel the TPG staff and whoever this case manager is (he or she did not call me to update my status) have mishandle my case.  Refer to chronological events below: -

• 9 Oct 2019 -TPG has get my address wrong in the NBN application in first place. Instead of “Unit 12/51-53 Loftus Crescent, Homebush NSW 2140”, TPG put it as “Unit 13/51-53 Loftus Crescent Homebush NSW 2140”. How can they make such a silly mistake? I made numerous calls and each time I must explain to TPG staff my address in their system is wrong.
  • On 12 Oct 2019, I called TPG and the staff requested me to send the proof of my occupancy to this email address nbnorder@tpg.com.au. I emailed an RMS letter my change of address in driving licence as evidence to TPG.
  • On 16 Oct 2019, TPG helpdesk sent me an email titled “Technical Issue Resolved (Ticket number # 9902711) but in fact the issue was not resolved, and I have to make a call back to TPG again. This time round, the staff requested me to send proof of my occupancy to this email address nbnfaults@tpg.com.au. And I again I emailed the same RMS letter to TPG.
  • On 17 Oct 2109, I made another call to TPG to check the status of NBN application and my call was passed from one person to another and eventually landed at one case manager by the name of NJ. She again asked me to send proof of my occupancy to TPG. I can’t believe this, third time!!! but to another email nbnpod@tpg.com.au . Anyway, I still emailed the same RMS letter to TPG.
  • I waited patiently for the issue. So, on 4 Nov 2019 I made another call to TPG. My call was eventually landed at one case manager (by the name of Jenny). She explained that NBN said Unit 13 and Unit 12 is the same unit and id on their record. She said my proof of occupancy was also not good enough for NBN to believe that I live at Unit 12 and wanted me to send TPG more solid evidence of my occupancy. I have no choice but obediently emailed a letter (titled Strata Management company requesting me as owner of this unit to pay my strata) to nbnpod@tpg.com.au

From the above saga, you can see I am really disappointed with services rendered by TPG staff or case manager. I am giving TPG and NBN three more days, hopefully they can resolve it if not I will cancel my application and ask for refund.

Shane

Hi @andrewangac

Thank you for providing additional information about this case. We will pass this to our Provisioning Case Team for reference and chase this at the same time. We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Provisioning Case Manager yesterday, at the moment we're still awaiting for NBN Co's feedback.

Updates will be provided when its available.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @andrewangac

We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Provisioning Case Manager advised that this has been escalated to NBN Co. and we are currently awaiting for an update. Feedback will be provided when it is available via SMS or Phone call from our NBN Provisioning Team.

We apologise for any inconvenience, let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

andrewangac
Level 3

One TPG staff (named Ezy) phoned me yesterday and said the NBN has fixed the problem...

I was happy but when I went back home and connect it the modem to NBN box on last night, the problem was still not resolved.

Refer to photographs (IMG_2863) attached, when I connected TPG modem to NBN box there was a red light on one of indicators (4 position from left).  According to Quick setup manual, you must wait for 30 minutes for the TPG modem to synchronize with NBN signal. But after 30 minutes, the problem persisted. There was also yellow flashing on indicator on NBN box (4 position from the left – refer to photo IMG-2868).

Can you able to get your case manager or technical expert to call me and resolve it???

Frustrated and unhappy customer

Shane

Hi @andrewangac,

We apologise for the inconvenience it seems that the provisioning issue has been fixed and your modem/router settings needs to be updated. We'd like to get your best contact time today and we'll have one of our Technicians to call you to assist you on how to configure the modem.

Cheers!

andrewangac
Level 3

Hi Shane

I now working and will back home by 7.00pm.

Either can your technican called me anytime this afternoon and explain to me step by step how to configure your TPG NBN router.

Andrew

Shane

Hi @andrewangac,

We did an article that will guide you on how to setup your connection you may visit the links below.

Let us know how it will go and if you still need a technician to assist you.

Cheers!

andrewangac
Level 3

Hi Shane,

Your attached articles (frankly speaking) is not very helpful to me.

1) For NBN Fibre to the premise (NB FTTP) setup guide, last night I have follow it the step by step.... and in the end, after 30mins.. get what I described in my previous email.

"Refer to photographs (IMG_2863) attached, when I connected TPG modem to NBN box there was a red light on one of indicators (4 position from left).  According to Quick setup manual, you must wait for 30 minutes for the TPG modem to synchronize with NBN signal. But after 30 minutes, the problem persisted. There was also yellow flashing on indicator on NBN box (4 position from the left – refer to photo IMG-2868)."

After 30 mins, the 4th position indicator still remained as red colour and did not turn to solid green colour.  And there was yellow color flashing on 4th position indicator on the NBN box. The guide said these two indicators must turn green color to indicate the internet is OK.

Can you or technical expert tell me why the reason why it didn't turn green?

2) As I am using Apple Ipad to connect to NBN internet, the article "how to set up link-link c1200 modem for windows 10) is useless to me.

If you can't explain, please ask the technican to call me now!!!!

Andrew Ang

Mobile 0413123068