TPG Community

Get online support

VOIP incoming call - line busy

TH
Level 2
Level 2

Had my NBN (FTTC) installed on Monday. Last night I had email stating phone service now has been ported from Telstra.

While I can ring out from my phone I am unable to recieve incoming calls. I get busy tone on the calling phone instead.

Is there any setting in the router ?

12 REPLIES 12
Shane

Hi @TH ,

Welcome to the community!

We're sad to know that you're having issue with the service. We'd love to help see what causing this issue, we tried to use your  community details to pull up the account but no match.

To better understand the situation, PM us your account details (Username/Customer ID) together with the address on file.

In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Cheers!

TH
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Shane,

Can you please advise update test result if any on my existing VOIP issue.

My phone line has been unable receiving call since last week.

Thank you.

Tom

Shane

Hi @TH,

Thanks for the additional details. We tested to call your home phone number and it rings.

Please do the follow test below.

• Call your home phone number see if it rings
  • Re-seat the home phone to the modem/router ( Phone 1 port )
  • Try different handset or phone cable

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

TH
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @Shane 

Thanks for the info.

I just called again on my mobile, it shows "line busy".

I have checked all plugs and the phone into socket phone1. I can call (just now) my mobile but not receive

I'm using same phone that Telstra supplies, which worked fine.

Is it possible that you were calling different phone number as I never heard the phone ringing at all. Can you please PM me the number you called?

Regards,

Tom

Shane

Hi @TH,

Thanks for the additional details. We're not allowed to provide any information from the account for security purposes, but you may send me a message to confirm your home phone number.

Also, we'd like to confirm if you requested to port your old home phone number to your newly installed NBN service.

Regards,

TH
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @Shane,

I think we are running around circle.

yes I have port my old phone number to th enew NBN service.

When I call from home phone to mobile, I get the caller ID shown which is same as the old one.

is it possible that you can do test ring now? as I'm at home

Regards,

TH
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @Shane 

Just realised that I don't have phone number listed for incoming calls. Does it matter? How do I enter the number?

Regards,

Shane

We tested to call your home phone number but now it's busy. We'd like to confirm if the issue still persist, if so we'll raise this to our Technical Team for further investigation and handling. PM me your best contact number and preferred time.

Regards,

TH
Level 2
Level 2

@Shane,

The issue 'Line Busy' still persists.

Will PM ASAP.

Regards,