TPG Community

Get online support

nbn battery replacement - who pays?

SOLVED Go to solution
abc2
Level 2

will TPG or NBN pay for NBN battery repalcement? My battery beeps evey 15 minutes and requires replacement.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tonystork
Level 5

@abc2 wrote:

it is more than 2 years. Will I still get refund for the replacement NBN battery? I could purchase/install the battery myself and provide receipt to TPG. I heard that some providers do cover cost of the NBN replacement baterry.

Unfortunately the warranty for battery is only good for 2 years, so I guess it's not covered anymore.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tonystork
Level 5

As far as I know if your battery is still under warranty ( for 2 years ) You can get a reimbursement of up to $30.00 and TPG assessment usually takes 4 weeks.

abc2
Level 2

it is more than 2 years. Will I still get refund for the replacement NBN battery? I could purchase/install the battery myself and provide receipt to TPG. I heard that some providers do cover cost of the NBN replacement baterry.

tonystork
Level 5

@abc2 wrote:

Unfortunately the warranty for battery is only good for 2 years, so I guess it's not covered anymore.

KarenC

Hi @abc2,

I've looked through your details and the info we have from our NBN Co system about your connection is that the battery status is still good. Although the battery is over two years, the status indicates it might still work. Is everything plugged in properly? Make sure to check all cables and power points. Else, replacement is really needed. As mentioned, battery is out of warranty so you are no longer eligible for the reimbursement.

abc2
Level 2

thanks Karen, I checked all connections and the light indiator on NBN battery unit says the battery needs replacement. I pulled the battery out.