Level 4

Incoming callers do not hear a busy tone when we are on phone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CUZ11N
Level 4

@neiljohnson 

My current solution for this is to:

Add an old Telstra corded phone to Phone 2 and put it off the hook (it will make an annoying tone)

I just unplug the handset cord from the socket sightly that way no sound is transmitted threw the handset.

I still using this solution till this day.

(I don't want to have to keep calling support just to make changes I could be doing my self)

Real solution would be you have to call TPG techs to have them edit the VOIP setting on Phone 2 not registered to the same number.. preferable no number at all.. seems after reboot or reset it falls back to the original way... so old Telstra phone is my way out...

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
CUZ11N
Level 4

Will

Hi @CUZ11N

Welcome to the Community!

Phone 1 port is the one that we activate for Homephone, hence, we advise you to simply use that port.

Using your community details, I was able to locate your records and make the necessary adjustment to disable call waiting.

Please test and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

CUZ11N
Level 4

Will

Hi @CUZ11N

You are correct, if someone calls your phone while you're at it, they should get a busy tone. That's the reason why I had to make an adjustment earlier to try to address that. I'm sorry for the confusion there.

Since it's still not working even after the adjustment I made, can you perform a reset on the modem? There's a small reset button at the back.

Regards,

CUZ11N
Level 4

Will

Thanks for performing the reset, @CUZ11N.

I had to readjust the settings again since the modem has been reset. Can you try and test it once more and let me know how it goes?

Please ensure not to plug anything on Phone 2.

CUZ11N
Level 4

Will

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @CUZ11N.

If you're okay with the current setup, then I guess we'll have to leave it as is at the moment. However, should you ever want us to try to crack on this mystery, do let us know.

CUZ11N
Level 4