TPG Community

Get online support

TP-Link Archer VR1600v Call Waiting Disabled BUT Still Ringing

SOLVED Go to solution
Riezl

This is not the first time that we receive concerns about disabling the call waiting feature of the NBN Voice service, @CUZ11N.

We cannot confirm as of this point if this is a common issue, but we will try to coordinate with our Technical Escalations Team.

Will

Hi @CUZ11N,

Your issue has been already been raised to our Engineering Team. A Phone Engineer will be assigned to work on the resolution and who will provide you updates via SMS or phone call.

If you have other concerns, do let us know.

Regards,

CUZ11N
Level 4

Riezl

Great! Feel free to message us should you have further queries. Cheers!

CUZ11N
Level 4

Shane

Hi @CUZ11N. TPG loads it's custom firmware on our NBN modem/router so that it can match with the system we use to provide you with TPG NBN internet and homephone. This is also done for added security and privacy of the connection.

We apologize for whatever inconvenience this has caused you. We will take your concern into account for future firmware updates.

neiljohnson
Level 2

hi CUZ11N

I have exactly the same issue.   Archer VR1600 Router is displaying the Phone 1 and Phone 2 are active for the same home phone number - but I only have one cordless phone, which is plugged into Phone 1 socket.  Incoming callers do not hear a busy tone when we are on phone - it just rings out.

How did you resolve this please ?

CUZ11N
Level 4

@neiljohnson 

My current solution for this is to:

Add an old Telstra corded phone to Phone 2 and put it off the hook (it will make an annoying tone)

I just unplug the handset cord from the socket sightly that way no sound is transmitted threw the handset.

I still using this solution till this day.

(I don't want to have to keep calling support just to make changes I could be doing my self)

Real solution would be you have to call TPG techs to have them edit the VOIP setting on Phone 2 not registered to the same number.. preferable no number at all.. seems after reboot or reset it falls back to the original way... so old Telstra phone is my way out...