TPG Community

Get online support

TPG scam? - getting billed after service deactivation. can you pls deactivate my phone number? i had requested it 3 wee

SOLVED Go to solution
InfinityPlusTwo
Level 3

TPG scam? - getting billed after service deactivation.

can you pls deactivate my phone number? i had requested it 3 weeks back and i am still getting billed and it's still active.

account is 1200803334

I have been on the phone for hours multiple times a day and no one picks up.

I spoke to your rep on the phone regarding the cancellation of Phone xxxx. Looks like she didn't do her job apart from being a salesperson asking me to transfer the phone number to my uncle's aunties, and cousins.  Please be professional and resolve this ASAP.

get in touch ASAP and resolve my issue. else I will complaint to the communication ombudsman.

News channels are free to use the above text.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarN

Hi

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MarN

Hi

• Press the Home button
  •  Tap on the Phone icon
  • To view the SMSC number enter *#5005*7672# and tap Send
  • If SMSC number is incorrect enter **5005*7672*+61415011501# and tap Send

InfinityPlusTwo
Level 3

Hi Mar,

I talked with the Mobile team and found out it was a billing issue.

The payment errored due to lack of funds on the credit card attached to the account.

When we went to the TPG My Account section to make a manual payment we were adding credit to the prepaid bucket and not the account itself which meant the SMS and outbound calls were not re-activated.

Easily fixed by the Mobile team once we understood what the problem was and a lesson to make sure the credit card on the account always has sufficent funds.

MarN

Hi

ed
Level 2
Level 2

Good luck with that, I have been waiting for issues to be resolved for 3 months.  In the hands of the Qld Telecommunications Ombudsman now.  Customer service is rude and unhelpful.  I have made numerous calls, e-mails, complaints.  Still no joy.  Useless 'service'.

Riezl

Hi @ed,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Please send us a private message with your customer or Mobile Service Number (MSN) so we can take a look at your account as we'd like to help get to the bottom of this.

To send a private message, please refer to this link:How do I private message (PM) in the community - TPG Community

We'll wait for your response. Thank you.

Dorogavtsev
Level 2

It is 2024 and the issue still not resolved. I have to go through all steps to troubleshoot 1-2 times a month for last 3-4 months. This is rediculous.

BasilDV

Hi @Dorogavtsev 

Are you not able to send out SMS?

How about incoming SMS? 

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

Just send us a private message with your account details and we'll check it further.

BasilDV

Dorogavtsev
Level 2

All trouble shooting:

1) Resetting

2) Updating

3) Restarting

It fixes it but in few weeks problem with sending comes back. Receiving seems to be OK.

BasilDV

Are you still not able to send SMS? 

If yes, then send us a private message with your account details and we'll take it from there.