TPG Community

Get online support

For some reason I don't have *some* internet on my service.

SOLVED Go to solution
GWells
Level 2

Hi Folks

Just recently (in the last couple days) my mobile data seems to have changed.

The issue follows the SIM card, so when put into another phone, the issues persist.

Certain applications (Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Gmail) *can* get data/seem to work.
Internet browsing (on any browser on Android) does not work.

Again this follows the SIM card and it happens in other phones, and has persisted through a network reset.

My plan was recently changed from an older Grandfathered plan, but from what I can see I have used ~250mb of my new plan's data, though this may be through the apps that work.

I couldn't find any other tech support forum or email address, so I figured I'd post here.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GWells
Level 2

For any future searches, I spoke to TPG Support (via phone) and they "reset my internet from their end"

I noticed after restarting the phone and waiting 15 minutes with the phone off and Mobile data disabled, and Sim card out, that after I restarted I had LTE again on my service. While a bunch of apps did tell me they were now connected, and functioning, web browsing didn't work.

So I disabled Mobile data and on again, same problem. I then turned Aeroplane mode on and then off again, and my little "x" disappeared and now all is well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
sajalm

Hi,

Welcome to community,

Pls check if you mobile data is off or on for that particular apps.

1. Open Settings and tap Data usage.
  2. Scroll down to view a list of your Android apps sorted by data usage (or tap mobile Data usage to view them). ...
  3. Tap the app(s) you don't want to connect to mobile data and select Restrict app background data or if you like just turn it on 
Hope this will help you,
Regards,
Sajal
GWells
Level 2

Hi There

I can confirm these applications are not restricted from accessing mobile data. It also happens on new applications that are downloaded (i.e, a new browser that was not previously installed).

This behaviour also happens across multiple physical phones.

SMS and Calling are not affected. The little icon for Mobile data shows an X across it after it connects, only showing H+ instead what usually displays there (I think from memory LTE).

sajalm

Hi,

Could you pls send me pic so I can understand better,

Regards,

Sajal

GWells
Level 2

I have uploaded TPG.JPG as an example.

When going into the expanded settings, it shows the same icon with TPG written under neath it.

This is different to the second attachment labelled "Disabled" which is what shows when Mobile data is switched off.

sajalm

Hi,

Thanks for info, I will send this issue to our relevant department, pls wait for their call,

Regards,

Sajal

GWells
Level 2

For any future searches, I spoke to TPG Support (via phone) and they "reset my internet from their end"

I noticed after restarting the phone and waiting 15 minutes with the phone off and Mobile data disabled, and Sim card out, that after I restarted I had LTE again on my service. While a bunch of apps did tell me they were now connected, and functioning, web browsing didn't work.

So I disabled Mobile data and on again, same problem. I then turned Aeroplane mode on and then off again, and my little "x" disappeared and now all is well.