TPG Community

Get online support

TPG scam? - getting billed after service deactivation. can you pls deactivate my phone number? i had requested it 3 wee

Manuel
Community Manager

TPG scam? - getting billed after service deactivation.

can you pls deactivate my phone number? i had requested it 3 weeks back and i am still getting billed and it's still active.

account is 1200803334

I have been on the phone for hours multiple times a day and no one picks up.

I spoke to your rep on the phone regarding the cancellation of Phone xxxx. Looks like she didn't do her job apart from being a salesperson asking me to transfer the phone number to my uncle's aunties, and cousins.  Please be professional and resolve this ASAP.

get in touch ASAP and resolve my issue. else I will complaint to the communication ombudsman.

News channels are free to use the above text.

18 REPLIES 18
Shane

Hi @0413144193,

Welcome to the community!

You may dial 1214 SEND on the handset to deactivate VM and to remove all active diversions set on the handset are removed or dial ##002# SEND instead.

Note: Deactivating VM on the network level will delete VM information and stored messages

Let us know should you require further assistance

Cheers!

lyp
Level 2
Level 2

Hello, I have setup my greeting voice message and it is active, but when people ring me, it just goes to the default message ’ the mobile service you call is current not avialable , please try again later.". Please tell me what I can do to using my greeting voice message? Thanks.

Will

Hi @lyp

Welcome to the Community!

We'd like to clarify further when you said "greeting voice message". Are you trying to set up a voicemail wherein if you fail to receive the call, the caller can leave you a message or are you referring to something else entirely?

Regards,

Will

lyp
Level 2
Level 2

Yes, I am trying to setup a voicemail. If I have no chance to answer the calls, the caller can listen the voicemail I have setup and leave a message so that I can call back to the caller. 

Riezl

Thanks for the clarification, @lyp. Have you tried calling your mobile number? Are you still getting the same message whenever the call on your TPG mobile is not answered?

lyp
Level 2
Level 2

Yes, I did call my mobile, I am still get the same message. Smiley Sad

Riezl

Thanks for getting back to us, @lyp. Please PM us your TPG customer ID, Mobile Service Number (MSN) and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Riezl

Thanks for providing the details via PM, @lyp. Please try the following:

You can record new greetings by calling 121, standard call rates apply. After playing any new and saved messages in your mailbox, you’ll go through to the main menu. To record your greetings:

1. Press ‘2’ to manage your greetings.
  2. Select the greeting:
    • Press ‘1’ to record your personal greeting for all calls.
    • Press ‘2’ to record your busy greeting for when you’re on another call or reject an incoming call.
    • Press ‘3’ to record your extended absence greeting if you’re going to be unavailable for a long period. Please note, if your extended absence greeting is active, it will override any other greetings and callers won't be able to leave a message.
    • Press ‘4’ to record your name for your standard greeting.
  3. Press ‘#’ to finish recording.
  4. Select one of the following:
    • Press ‘1’ to replay your greeting.
    • Press ‘2’ to save your greeting.
    • Press ‘3’ to re-record your greeting.
    • Press ‘4’ to erase your recorded greeting.
  5. Hang up, or press ‘*’ to return to the main menu.

Let us know should you need further assistance. Thank you.

lyp
Level 2
Level 2

I have done all the steps, and I can hear the message I recorded, it says it is active.  But it is keeping the same, only default messages if I missed a call. Smiley Sad

I had voicemail before, but do not know why it is gone.