TPG Community

Get online support

Email problems gmail to tpg

Megstar
Level 3
Has any one had emails bouncing back from tpg this week?
This week I tried to send emails to some committee members of our club and I’ve had this response a few days later. Seriously. I have no idea when or if emails are getting to people.

Tpg- How about a solution please!!!
littlegypsy
Level 3

Hello again Megstar

The original problem is unchanged. Emails from gmail accounts to tpg accounts are not being delivered, being delayed (by up to 2 days !) before being delivered, or being delivered instantaneously ie normally. It is completely random.

TPG's response is also unchanged. ie that it is Gmail's fault and TPG are not going to fix it.

You may want to notify those who have tpg email addresses (by phone?) that there is this problem. They may not be aware that they are not getting emails from gmail accounts.

I've given up.

diw
Level 2
Level 2

While the problem was fixed last year it recently started up again. TPG keep trying to tell me that it's gmail's fault that incoming mail is refused by the TPG servers. I mean, honestly.

After weeks of them looking at the problem some of the email is getting through but some is still being refused. The problem is not fixed.

I am not impressed. Refusing mail from gmail servers JUST IN CASE  it's spam is like setting off a nuke in your carrot patch to stop rabbits eating your crops. It makes NO sense at all. 

TPG email has become very unreliable and I'm looking for other options. :/

Shane

Hey, diw. To get real-time update to the email issue you may directly reach our postmaster by sending email to postmaster@tpg.com.au.

MikeyA
Level 2

And it's still happening.

Emails sent by gmail contacts are simply getting bounced.

Have notified the TPG postmaster, but not hopeful.

Megstar
Level 3
This thread is now 5 pages long and they still haven’t fixed the issue 🤷🏼‍♀️
BouncesGmail
Level 2

I'm trying to keep in contact with my 90 year old mother in Australia, and I keep getting my emails bounced.  I searched here and found this thread that has been running for 4 years about how TPG filters emails from gmail.....  OMG

To make it worse, if my mom sends me an email uising her TPG account, and I reply to it, the dumb system still can't figure out that it's a legit email.

I guess I'll just need to set her up a gmail account and ditch TPG altogether.

Embarrased for my Aussie roots.

Angeli

Hi @BouncesGmail

Welcome to TPG Community! 

If the TPG email of your mother is not receiving an email from your Gmail account, she can definitely direct an inquiry to postmaster@tpg.com.au. She can also check the email settings (filtering) via TPG Post Office

Regards, 

Angeli

Megstar
Level 3
Hi. So you’re aware this issue has never been fixed. We have had our club members, who are tpg customers miss important information from the club gmail address. They’ve tried all sorts of things. The postmaster replies with a stock standard answer and tpg have done nothing to fix the issue with gmail being blocked.
Get with the century and sort it out.
Should the TIO be informed you are blocking paying customers emails with no attempt being made to fix the problem !?!?
Shane

Hi @Megstar,

Could you send us your details to better understand the situation. We will treat this as a complaint and coordinate this with one of our Complaints Resolution Case Manager.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi. So you’re aware this issue has never been fixed. We have had our club members, who are tpg customers miss important information from the club gmail address. They’ve tried all sorts of things. The postmaster replies with a stock standard answer and tpg have done nothing to fix the issue with gmail being blocked.
Get with the century and sort it out.
Should the TIO be informed you are blocking paying customers emails with no attempt being made to fix the problem !?!?