TPG Community

Get online support

TPG ADSL dropout and dead

SOLVED Go to solution
annietan1
Level 3
My TPG ADSL has been having random dropout before but since yesterday it is completely dead.
I am very sure has nothing to do with my modem as I have been swapping modem and nothing works.
Even in rare moment, I am able to connect the speed is very slow. Urgent help needed as we need internet both for work and school.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
annietan1
Level 3

At last my internet is up & running.

Kudos to 3rd technician who did a very thorough diagnosis, and narrow down the root cause to being outside of my home.

Prior to the 3rd technician's diagnosis, I was told I got a bad modem & I went on modem shopping spree. Kudos to TPG staff who has been very patiently trying to help me setup a brand new modem though we fail to get the internet to work, and for scheduling the 3rd technician promptly.

I cross my fingers & hope for smooth running of my internet from here onwards.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Erika

Hi @annietan1,

Welcome to TPG Community!

I've was able to locate your account using your community details.

I went ahead and checked your account and can see that this case has been escalated to our engineering team. This is currently under assessment.

I've now chased this case to our engineering and has arranged for an urgent update. They'll be in contact via SMS or phone call on the number registered on your account today between 1pm - 2pm.

Riezl

Hi @annietan1, we can see that our Engineering Team has been in touch and advised you about the booked appointment for today.

Our Engineering Team is monitoring the case and will be in touch as soon as new updates become available.

Should you need any assistance, please let us know. Thank you.

annietan1
Level 3

Strangely last night my ADSL internet came back up alive without anything done on my side. TPG technician came today & nothing wrong with my cabling at all apart from slight corrosion on the phone socket that he just brush with paint brush. So currently, my internet is being monitored for re-occurrence.

Riezl

The connection is stable at the moment and we'll see how it goes, @annietan1.

If the issue persists, please let us know so we can advise our Engineering Team to investigate further.

annietan1
Level 3

Last night and tonight experience dropout again. Rang and reported to TPG each time I am aware of the dropout.

Erika

Hi @annietan1

Apologies for the trouble.

I've chased this now with our Engineering team. 

They'll be in touch as soon as additional information becomes available. 

annietan1
Level 3

TPG close my fault ticket after 2 days of stability.

For the last 2 nights & tonight I experience dropouts again, 3 consecutive nights.

Reported 2 nights ago & I am getting really annoy by this un-explain dropouts.

TPG, pls do a thorough investigation into dropouts that I have been experiencing lately.

And, don't close the ticket just because there is 2 days of stability & then start dropping out after fault ticket closed.

Mc_Gerald

Hi annietan1,

Our current line test shows no evident line fault that can affect the stability of your service. Our system has also detected a stable connection on your modem.

Is the connection drop outs happening via LAN or Wifi? 

Thanks! 

-Mc

annietan1
Level 3

Dropout occur before 11pm (10ish), now already alive.

Laptop connected via wifi & only 1.5m away from modem.

Mobile phone also got disconnected during dropout.

These short spur of dropouts tend to happen at night.