TPG Community

Get online support

Buyer beware! TPG FTTB incorrect information given on signup

SOLVED Go to solution
AN
Level 2
Level 2

I have been an Optus customer for nearly 2 decades and after a 9 week NBN installation saga I decided today was the day to move to someone new.

I just signed up over the phone for a TPG FTTB service because I was told by the sales person that it would be installed within 3-4 working days and faster than an NBN service.

Sounded too good to be true but I was assured by the TPG sales person that it would take 24-48hr for the technician to do the connection (and not required to be home UNLESS my building manager needed to give permission. They do not as others have TPG installed in the building) and 1-2 days to receive my modem so all installed ready to use within 3-4 days.

And told that the 90mbps speed was guaranteed. Yes, it sounded incorrect to declare 'guaranteed' but the sales guy stuck to his story when I pressed him on this.

Then I receive the email with the documentation stating: 10-20 working days, a booking required with a technician and I'd need to be home for the technician too.

Then I call to cancel my contract (the ink hasn't even dried on the contract) as I was given wrong information about delivery and what was required for installation but told I am up for the full cancelation fee!

Talk about being cohersed into a contract. I will definitely be taking this up with the ombudsman and telling everyone I can about TPG's 'sales techniques'.

Oh yeah, I made a new call to their sales department to just check if I had been given wrong advice or they all told the same story. The new sales guy gave the correct information as per the documentation I was emailed (10-20 working days) BUT said that if TPG was installed in my building that he was told in training that no other supplier could supply me and I would have to take a service from TPG.

OMG!!!!!!! Do you have any sales people who tell the truth????

Buyer beware!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AN
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you for having this escalated and for having my service installed within the time frame the sales person told me when I signed up for the TPG FTTB service.

I can happily confirm that my service was installed yesterday and everything is working well.

Thanks again for having this installed within the timeframe I was promised.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Riezl

We're sorry to know about this experience and we apologise for the trouble this has caused you, @AN.

We regret to know that you're considering cancelling the service, but if you could give us a chance, we'd like to check what can be done to turn things around.

We have located the account using your community details. We'll review your previous interaction with our staff as part of our ongoing effort to provide the best possible customer service.

We have escalated your concern to our Complaints Resolution Team and a case manager will contact you within 24-48 hours via email or a phone call to further discuss the matter.

Should you have a preferred contact number and email address, please send it via PM.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

AN
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you for having this escalated and for having my service installed within the time frame the sales person told me when I signed up for the TPG FTTB service.

I can happily confirm that my service was installed yesterday and everything is working well.

Thanks again for having this installed within the timeframe I was promised.

BasilDV

Thank you for the update @AN.

We are glad that the service is working well.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Cheers!

BasilDV