Disrespectful treatment from TPG

mohamedhammoud
Level 2

As a loyal TPG customer, I am so disappointed in the way I have been treated. A summary of the traumatic experience I've received these past couple of weeks. 

Wednesday 11th November 2020 – 8:00 am: New TPG FTTB connected.

Friday 13th November 2020 – 9:00 am: Connection to 5g WIFI lost. Waited a couple of days to see if I’d reconnect. It did not. 

Sunday 15th November 2020 – 1:15 pm: I called TPG to get connection fixed. We went through the whole process of resetting the modem and updating the credentials. It worked for 5 minutes then dropped off. I logged the issue via the TPG app. There was no reply or attempt to contact me.

Sunday 15th November 2020 – 3:31 pm: I call TPG to follow-up on the call they promised. I spoke with a different technician and we ran through the entire process of resetting the modem (again). Like the previous attempt, the connection was lost within 5 minutes. I was told I’d receive a call to follow-up if the connection worked. I never received the call. I tried to contact TPG through the app, but I was ignored. 

Monday 16th November 2020 – 11:31 am: I called yet again to get the issue fixed, and spoke to a different technician. We ran through the whole process of restarting my modem (again). 5 minutes later, it dropped off. I was promised a call 5 minutes later. I did not receive the call. I tried to contact via TPG via their app again, but was ignored.

Monday 16th November 2020 – 12:46 pm: With multiple attempts to fix the issue, I made a formal complain to Customer Relations Case Manager in the hope I’d receive some help, especially since this is affecting my work. 

Monday 16th November 2020 – 1:01 pm: TPG technician tried calling but technician couldn’t hear me.

Monday 16th November 2020 – 1:02 pm: TPG technician tried calling but technician couldn’t hear me.

Monday 16th November 2020 – 1:05 pm: TPG technician tried calling but technician couldn’t hear me.

Monday 16th November 2020 – 1:06 pm: TPG technician tried calling but technician couldn’t hear me.

Monday 16th November 2020 – 1:06 pm: TPG calling and I was able to hear technician. Since the reset didn't work, I was told I’d be sent a replacement modem. But I had to pay to return the faulty modem and for the courier of the new modem.

Completely unacceptable!

I said I do not feel like I should pay for TPG’s faulty product or the cost to replace the modem, especially given my treatment. I was told I did not have to pay for anything, and I’d expect the new modem in 3 days.

Monday 16th November 2020, 11:17 am: Called for an update on the replacement modem. I was informed that I’d receive it in 3 days.  

Monday 16th November 2020 – 9:09 pm: Customer Relations Case Manager replies to my email asking for my customer ID number to access my records. I replied at 10:17 pm.

Wednesday 18th November 2020 – 12:01 pm: Did not hear from Customer Relations Case Manager so I emailed asking for an update. I clearly explained I was waiting on the replacement modem I was promised.

Wednesday 18th November 2020, 7:01 pm: Called for an update on the replacement modem. I was informed I’d receive it in 3 days. 

Tuesday 24th November 2020, 11:02 am: Customer Relations Case Manager (user id available on request) finally replies to my email 1 week later saying the modem was sent and provided me with the tracking number. She was referring to the original modem, and ignored the detailed explanation I provided in my email. 

Tuesday 24th November 2020, 11:03 am: I called to find out what is going on since the Customer Relations Case Manager clearly did not read my email. I was told there is no record of a new modem being sent. I am in such disbelief! The person I spoke with said I'd receive an update very soon. I am still waiting!

I have tried to be patient and understanding, but it is clear that TPG does not respect their loyal customers. Could someone from TPG who values their customers please help me. I am guessing this request will also be ignored. I am truly hoping this does not need to be escalated to NSW Fair Trading or send the above email to David Teoh and the executive team. 

9 REPLIES 9
Joseph_D

@mohamedhammoud  It is really dissapointing to read the difficulties you have encountered on have your technical difficulties addressed. I know we can do better.

I managed to pull out your account using your community details. The modem with postpack will be shipped out immediately with no fees.

One of my colleagues will also PM you so they can help in ensuring a resolution is reached asap.

Kind regards,

Eller Joseph

Shane

Hi @mohamedhammoud ,

The replacement modem/router has been shipped today. I sent you a private message for additional details.

I will monitor this particular case, and feel free to reply to my message or update this thread once you receive the replacement unit.

Regards,

mohamedhammoud
Level 2

Thank you, Shane. I have replied to your private message. 

mohamedhammoud
Level 2

Thank you, Joseph.

I have received the new modem and everything is working great. Sad to think I would have avoided 2 stressful weeks if I raised this with you and Shane earlier. Regardlelss, I'm very glad the issue is finally resolved, and really apprecaite both your pforessionalism and great customer service. Thank you. 

I've received to postpack to return the modem. I'll drop it off at the postoffice today. 

Mohamed. 

Shane

Hi @mohamedhammoud,

We're glad to know that the replacement modem/router fixed the issue. I response to your private message for additional details.

We will consider this issue resolved and let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

chicaneau
Level 4

These modems have defective 5GHz wifi. TPG could at least be honest about it, but they arent.

chicaneau
Level 4

@mohamedhammoud before you celebrate, do a few speedtest.net tests. I had a replacement modem sent and it has the same issue (5GHz stops working). 

merrilynw
Level 2

Doesn't surprise me one bit.   TPG have offered me just $100 to take my business elsewhere, because they admit they cannot stop the stupid messages callers get if I don't answer the phone in time.   Things like   THIS NUMBER IS NO LONGER IN SERVICE  and as I am old and sick, people think I have died !   

Also   THIS LINE IS CONGESTED, CALL AGAIN LATER   when I am sitting beside a silent phone and not using it.

Also   THIS NUMBER IS NOT AVAILABLE FROM YOUR SERVICE, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR PROVIDER   - so annoying to people who have been successfully calling me for 44 years!

So this means I CANNOT SPEAK TO MY CALLERS !

And most of the time I CAN'T CALL AN AMBULANCE EITHER, AS MY PHONE JUST WON'T WORK.    It is just a simple wired-in no-bells-or-whistles basic phone, and I have tried six other phones, and I am on my fourth TPG modem.

So don't hold your breath.   TPG  cannot, or will not, deliver.

Merrilynw

Shane

Hi @merrilynw,

We apologise if you feel that way, We will raise this to the assigned Complaints Resolution Case Manager handling this case for additional reference on the ongoing complain. I don’t have any further updates differing from what has already been communicated to you. Your experience is important to us and updates will be provided via SMS, Email or Phone call when it becomes available, you may also reach them directly via return email.

Regards,

Doesn't surprise me one bit.   TPG have offered me just $100 to take my business elsewhere, because they admit they cannot stop the stupid messages callers get if I don't answer the phone in time.   Things like   THIS NUMBER IS NO LONGER IN SERVICE  and as I am old and sick, people think I have died !   

Also   THIS LINE IS CONGESTED, CALL AGAIN LATER   when I am sitting beside a silent phone and not using it.

Also   THIS NUMBER IS NOT AVAILABLE FROM YOUR SERVICE, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR PROVIDER   - so annoying to people who have been successfully calling me for 44 years!

So this means I CANNOT SPEAK TO MY CALLERS !

And most of the time I CAN'T CALL AN AMBULANCE EITHER, AS MY PHONE JUST WON'T WORK.    It is just a simple wired-in no-bells-or-whistles basic phone, and I have tried six other phones, and I am on my fourth TPG modem.

So don't hold your breath.   TPG  cannot, or will not, deliver.

Merrilynw