IMPORTANT: FTTB Service/Port Allocation

SOLVED Go to solution
hjones
Level 3
Hi All,

After originally being advised that I will have FTTB service at my new premises - after moving in I was advised ONE WEEK later that there were Port Allocation issues i.e no available ports.

After weeks of being mislead and straight out lied to by the TPG customer service and FTTB team, including supervisors - I've gathered that TPG has no actual information or authority relating to Port Allocation for FTTB. This information is held by "third parties" such as FTTB Wholesale, who are contracted not to discuss these matters with end users i.e TPG Customers. 

Don't be fooled if they tell you port upgrades are "under evaluation" or that they "cannot give you a timeframe" because what this actually means is " we don't actually know, the information is with a third party we cannot specify, and we want to desperately keep you as a customer".

I've been offered an ADSL2+ service instead, an illegal bait & switch tactic to maintain me as a customer under the pretense that they're working on Port Allocation availability. Obviously this contravenes Australian Consumer Law, which TPG waivers have no immunity from.

Therefore, I encourage all who are affected by this despicable tactic who have been promised a service and offered an inferior product with no compensation - I encourage you to lodge a complaint with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman. (tio.com.au)

This gross misrepresentation of their services and their duplicity with their customers MUST ABSOLUTELY be held to account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Manuel
Community Manager

Hi @hjones,

I have been working on your case personally with the help of the TPG FTTB manager to get your issue resolved.

In the last 24 hours we have made some progress and i have assigned a port to your service.

This means that you can get TPG FTTB.

I have given your details to a senior technician who will call you today to organise a suitable time for your to complete the installation.

Again we apologise that this could not have been resolved earlier and that you enjoy our TPG FTTB service into the future.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Manuel
Community Manager

Hi @hjones,

I have been working on your case personally with the help of the TPG FTTB manager to get your issue resolved.

In the last 24 hours we have made some progress and i have assigned a port to your service.

This means that you can get TPG FTTB.

I have given your details to a senior technician who will call you today to organise a suitable time for your to complete the installation.

Again we apologise that this could not have been resolved earlier and that you enjoy our TPG FTTB service into the future.

hjones
Level 3

Thank you for the speedy resolution Manuel. Very much appreciated.

jonnyp
Level 2

This is very very interesting.

I've contacted TPG yesterday to request the relocation of my TPG FTTB service to my new apartment and was informed there are no ports available and that my only option is TPG NBN on a more expensive plan. This is the most ridicuolus answer! I have requested my service to be cancelled instead and the lady from cancellations team promise me she would call me later to see "what she can do" to get me on TPG FTTB on my new premises.

I will be ready to lodge a complaint to the TIO in case TPG rejects my request to move my FTTB service into my new apartment.

Riezl

We apologise for the inconvenience this issue is causing you and we would like to help get to the bottom of this, @jonnyp.

We have located the account using your community details and we have escalated the issue to our Complaints Resolution Team.

We have also requested for an immediate case assessment to ensure that this will be prioritised and a feedback will be provided as soon as possible.

hitoshi24
Level 2

I have had a similiar frustrating experience with TPG customer service. Multiple phone calls with different customer service representatives which haven't been helpful.

I was told that I could not move my TPG FTTB plan to my new premises and that ADSL2 was my only option. Upon moving into the new premises, I found out that TPG FTTB is installed but no ports are available (confirmed by speaking with other residents and the TPG technician that came out to fix the ADSL connection).

TPG have been unable to provide any further information around ETA of port availability. I have been basically told "wait for us to call you" whilst you stay on an inferrior ADSL2 TPG product. To boot, the ADSL2 connection is not working and requires technical assistance.

The most frustrating part has been the lack of information / misinformation I've been provided. There are only 19 units in my complex and its hard to believe that the TPG FTTB box was installed with such limited service capacity.

My last call ended with the TPG representative telling me that TPG FTTB box is not installed and insisting that the other resident was mistaken about having TPG FTTB service. Previous calls have confirmed that there were only no ports available.

I have raised a compliant (#57952050) and will continue to escalate.

Shane

Hi @hitoshi24,

Welcome to the community!

We understand how frustrating it is to move to a new location without having the same FTTB service that you had previously.

We don't have an exact time frame on when a TPG FTTB service will be available on a specific location, but we are continuously upgrading our Fibre network. The TPG FTTB service is only available in selected FTTB enabled buildings.

We’ve made it easier for you to check if your home is FTTB ready by entering in your address details here: http://tpg.com.au/fttb. We are also giving you the option to put your name on the FTTB waiting list and we will contact you as soon as your location is FTTB ready.

On the other hand, I was able to locate your account using your community details and seen that the Jumpering of your service is now being handled by our Engineering Team.

For more details about service jumpering visit this here.

We believed that you have been in touch with one of our Engineers and advised that Telstra advised us that they have booked a technician to check your service anytime between now and 24/Jan/2019.

I will also raise this to one of our Complaints Resolution Case Manager for further handling and investigation. You will receive a feedback from them via email.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

hitoshi24
Level 2

@Shane wrote:

We don't have an exact time frame on when a TPG FTTB service will be available on a specific location, but we are continuously upgrading our Fibre network. The TPG FTTB service is only available in selected FTTB enabled buildings.

We’ve made it easier for you to check if your home is FTTB ready by entering in your address details here: http://tpg.com.au/fttb. We are also giving you the option to put your name on the FTTB waiting list and we will contact you as soon as your location is FTTB ready. 

Hi Shane,

Thank you for your response.

What I would like to understand is whether

1) the box is at capacity (does not appear to be so with 30 pairs and only 19 units) or

2) unused connections simply need to be connected/paired.

Shane

Hi @hitoshi24,

FTTB is available in your area/location however there is no available port. We cannot guarantee when it will be available in your area. On the other hand, I will pass this to our Complaints Resolution Case Manager for additional reference.

Regards,

@Shane wrote:

Hi Shane,

Thank you for your response.

What I would like to understand is whether

1) the box is at capacity (does not appear to be so with 30 pairs and only 19 units) or

2) unused connections simply need to be connected/paired.

hitoshi24
Level 2

Hi @Shane,

Was the picture that I attached relevant information in determining whether a port is available?

Could you please provide additional information for the statement that no port is available. For instance, the box is at capacity and that I will have to wait for a disconnection or an upgrade of infrastructure.

Thanks.