TPG Community

Get online support

Complicated circumstance

alvinlam
Level 2

Hi guys
Someone please help me out! This is a long story, please read it to understand my situation totally.
Last year, I registered with TPG for internet service with the ID number *****, the installation was cancelled due to facility reason, I then requested a total refund which is $109,99 (included phone service, delivery fee and bundle plan), and asked TPG customer service that 'do I need to return the device or not' and received the 'No' with explaination of telling me to wait for 2-5 business days for the refund from TPG customer service. Later on, I wait for 2 weeks without any notification, so I decided to email customer service again and at that time they suddenly change their answer as I 'Must' return the device for a successful refund. I then could not return it due to coming back to my home country for a few months and could not receive the refund and forgot about it till now.
At the present, I changed my address and want to register with TPG for internet service again, but the problem is that I accidentally register with the new account as ID number is ***** and already paid for another $109,99 to start my internet installation via the new account. So it means that, for two different accounts numbers, I was doing double pay as a starter bundle plan to TPG with different account number.
Now I need someone to help and explain to me for more clear information that I need to know:
1: Is the phone service fee fixed and cannot be refunded in case I don't want to use the service?
2: Now that TPG send to me a device which I alreay have, if I ignore it and wait for it to be returned, does it means a refund will be processed in the future for this device delivery fee?
3: Is there any way someone can help me with the refund of $109,99 for the account ID number ****** please ?

Really need many helps to support me escape out of this situation!!!

1 REPLY 1
Aubrey

Hi @alvinlam, we're here to help out. 

As the first account has been inactive/cancelled, a new account will be created for the new application hence the new customer ID.

1. What type of service do you have? For some TPG services, you must make an initial prepayment of $20. This is used for charges outside your plan's included value. The prepayment is non-refundable.

2. It does not work that way. As you have an internet and phone bundle, you have to use the hardware configured with the new account. 

3. We'll have our Accounts Team investigate the conversation you had with our customer report about the return of the modem and assess the refund.

Please send us a private message so we can grab your complete details and we'll go from there.