TPG Community

Get online support

Auto Cancel of Internet and landline by Telstra?

rubble
Level 2

Recieved an email from TPG on 26th March indicating :-

NBN Cancellation Request Received

Dear Customer,

We received a notice from NBN that you have requested to transfer your NBN service to another provider.

We are sorry to see you go. If you did not request or authorise to transfer your NBN service, please call us on 1300 993 011 immediately to reverse the transfer.

If you are outside a contract, a 30-day notice period applies to the cancellation of your service which is payable even if your NBN cancellation is completed earlier than 30 days.

If you are inside a contract, an early termination fee applies as you had agreed to take the service for a minimum contract period. The early termination fee is 50% of the monthly charges between the date of cancellation and the end of the contract period, up to a maximum of $350.

Below are the details of your NBN service cancellation:

Username

Customer ID

345****9

Cancellation date

24/4/2024

Cost for service during 30 day notice period

$77.41

Early termination fee

$0.00

Less paid-up credit on current service

$2.42

Total amount to be debited

$74.99

If you are transferring (porting) your phone number, please ensure that your new provider completes the number porting within 30 days.

Got a question? ask our TPG Community at https://community.tpg.com.au.

Regards,
TPG

Now I never cancelled anthing, so rang the number above and spoke to someone a million miles away who told me it was cancelled automatically by Telstra and if I didn't want it cancelled I had to do something which I couldn't understand????

Now I have NBN but don't have a telephone landline and life is just a tad confusing??

Is anyone at TPG (who can speak english) available to explain what the hell is going on??

Regards Rubble

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @rubble,

If you're on NBN, there are instances that if you inquired at another ISP, the connection may be terminated as ISPs use the same NBN Co system to check the availability of an address. Another thing that we also check for scenarios like this is that your address may have been mistakenly entered as another service. 

Let's have a look at your account to understand what happened. Please send us a private message and we'll go from there. 

-Ahra_G

inginglim
Level 2
Hi moderator,

Please guide me to cancel ny 5g internet. Been going on for months now, the signal is crap. Been moving it near the window, new door, even out to the balcony, but nothing is really works. Especially during peak hours. Sometime even in the early morning keep on searching for signal.

please advise. thx
Ahra_G

Hi @inginglim

We're here to lend a hand and ensure that your service is working as expected. Please send us a private message and we'll go from there. 

-Ahra_G

rubble
Level 2

Still haven't heard anything from TPG????

I've no Landline but they can call on wifes mobile.

However I need someone who speaks English please, as I'm old and grumpy.

Regards Rubble