TPG Community

Get online support

High latency issues caused by TPG routing

Tspooner234
Level 2

As of 3 days ago my connection to call of duty servers went from being 30ms ping at the greatest to now 168 ping minimum, which from the IP addresses looks like the game servers arent Sydney anymore.

From what i can gather this is only happening to myself and friends that are using TPG, can you please investigate this issue. See below for standard pings, Tracert of TPG & speed test

image.png

7 REPLIES 7
david64
Level 15

Hi @Tspooner234 . Regarding your issue, the image is hard to see. You can copy and paste text fom the command window into the thread as text.
TPG have done something to their network to block ping and tracert commands. Possibly located behind an Amazon web service VPN. This is why you can't ping tpg.com.au or some of their other servers.

On the tracert you have done, I believe the address #2 (router's default gateway) is the first TPG address on the other side of NBN network. You have good response time to your local router and address #2.

The address 10.20.22.148 is some random point in the network and is irrelevant to your issue.

Do you know the hostnames or ip addresses of the Sydney game servers that you want to use?
Do ping and tracert to these addresses to see if there is bad routing and response times.
If you know someone on a different ISP, you could get them to check their routes to the game servers.

Shane

Hi @Tspooner234 ,

We received multiple reports related to latency issues on Call of Duty, which may be affected by the ongoing planned maintenance. Some users may experience high latency to Asian destinations. ETR 08/OCT/23 12:00 AM AEDT

Regards,

As of 3 days ago my connection to call of duty servers went from being 30ms ping at the greatest to now 168 ping minimum, which from the IP addresses looks like the game servers arent Sydney anymore.

From what i can gather this is only happening to myself and friends that are using TPG, can you please investigate this issue. See below for standard pings, Tracert of TPG & speed test

Shane

Hi @Tspooner234 ,

Please test the in-game latency and let us know how it will do.

Regards,

image.png

bobsburger
Level 2

Hi Team, 

Same issue as does all TPG customers with COD - my ping never went above 30ms now i am at 158ms and always getting lobbies in China. 

please fix this asap as it has only been happening for the last week. 

BasilDV

Hi @bobsburger

There's an ongoing outage that's causing high ping/latency for customers connecting to Asian servers.

Check it here: https://support.tpg.com.au/servicestatus

The current ETA is on the 8th October 2023.

BasilDV

bobsburger
Level 2

Why am I now connecting to Asian servers. 
Everyone else is having no issues from different ISP. 

I've been a loyal customer for years but looks like i will be following the crowd to Aussie broadband to have it up quicker than 08OCT. Dissapointing. 

cabarreror
Level 3

I used to have a consistent 29ms and now is 45ms, how frustrating.