Post office email address can't send to ONE hotmail account

MarRover2
Level 3

Hi,

I have two TPG Post office e-mail addresses as follows:

MainAddress@tpg.com.au

SecondAddress@tpg.com.au 

[Note there are make believe address name to avoid being harvested]

The SecondAddress has a Cust ID, the status of Active, and Name is Slave.

Here are the strange behaviour of SecondAddress@tpg.com.au

1) Gmail to SecondAddress@tpg.com.au - no trouble
2) SecondAddress@tpg.com.au to Gmail - no trouble.
3) HotMailAddress@hotmail.com to SecondAddress@tpg.com.au - no trouble
4) HotMailAddress@hotmail.com to SecondAddress@tpg.com.au and reply - fail to deliver.
5) SecondAddress@tpg.com.au to HotMailAddress@hotmail.com -- fail to deliver.

I don't know why it only fails to deliver to ONE hotmail account that I used for daily and normal communication without trouble. 

I have no trouble sending out from MainAddress@tpg.com.au. The help desk told me that was due to the "Slave Account" lacking my identity information but in the entire TPG account pages, there is no area for any person to enter that and to reveal that. She just asked me to e-mail those details to TPG. In view of Optus Hacks, I told he a polite NO.

That to me does not seem to explain why GMail passes all the tests while one particular hotmail account fails.

I created the SecondAddress@tpg.com.au long time ago as a test account and never use it again until today.

Any idea why this strange behaviour?

Rover

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Let us help investigate and raise this with our Postmaster to clarify what is causing one of the slave email addresses to experience an outgoing mail issue. Could you send us a PM with the details of this particular inbox together with a screenshot of the error message?

How to send a PM? 

Hi,

I have two TPG Post office e-mail addresses as follows:

MainAddress@tpg.com.au

SecondAddress@tpg.com.au 

[Note there are make believe address name to avoid being harvested]

The SecondAddress has a Cust ID, the status of Active, and Name is Slave.

Here are the strange behaviour of SecondAddress@tpg.com.au

1) Gmail to SecondAddress@tpg.com.au - no trouble
2) SecondAddress@tpg.com.au to Gmail - no trouble.
3) HotMailAddress@hotmail.com to SecondAddress@tpg.com.au - no trouble
4) HotMailAddress@hotmail.com to SecondAddress@tpg.com.au and reply - fail to deliver.
5) SecondAddress@tpg.com.au to HotMailAddress@hotmail.com -- fail to deliver.

I don't know why it only fails to deliver to ONE hotmail account that I used for daily and normal communication without trouble. 

I have no trouble sending out from MainAddress@tpg.com.au. The help desk told me that was due to the "Slave Account" lacking my identity information but in the entire TPG account pages, there is no area for any person to enter that and to reveal that. She just asked me to e-mail those details to TPG. In view of Optus Hacks, I told he a polite NO.

That to me does not seem to explain why GMail passes all the tests while one particular hotmail account fails.

I created the SecondAddress@tpg.com.au long time ago as a test account and never use it again until today.

Any idea why this strange behaviour?

Rover