TPG Community

Get online support

The Messaging Company Charges

MGunningOzemail
Level 2

Can I assume this only affects OZEMAIL addresses?

Ive been OZEMAIL since the late nineties, when IINET bought it  I kept it going and evetually signed up to their NBN.

I have since got 3 more adresses from iinet for my businsses.

Now i get an email fromm IINET saying their closing my xxxxxxx@ozemail.com.au address, 

they also say my other email addresses wont be affected.

Then they say they are no longer providing email services anymore

Im confused. wats going to happen to my 3 other addresses??? 

heich
Level 3

I am appalled by the treatment TPG is giving their customers including myself. I have been with TPG for over ten years now and this is the first time i have heard of an internet provider breaking its contract to their customers by relinqishing its right to provide an email service.

The reason most people join an internet provider is so they can have a permanent email address for either personnal or business reasons and for a large provider as TPG is, they have broken the trust to their customers and also broken their contracts with their customers.

The hand over to "The Messaging Company" must come with a substantial reduction in monthy account payments. The amount of email use equates to around 20 percent of the total account usage and hence the contract payments should be reduced by the same amount.

I personally will be asking to have my account payments reduced by 20 percent or moving to a provider that still believes in providing the total package and customer satisfaction.

TPG you may me big now but how big will you be without customers?

Good luck to all in the same boat, we will either sink or swim.

Cheers

alanguide
Level 7

Manila was mentioned earlier. Many large Australian companies, including banks, outsource their telephone operations to Manila. Apart from an occasional accent problem, I have found  them very helpful if treated in a courteous and friendly manner.

Also, I may be in the minority of posters, but so far I am satisfied that having made the decision to stop offerng email (which first infuriated me) TPG were actually thoughtful in setting up the option to keep the email address and go to TMC. I opted in weeks ago and all has gone smoothly so far. The TMC support emails are answered promptly. And so far, I have not lost any emails, as reported by some.

mingo
Level 2

I'm so disappointed. Ive been a customer for 15yrs.  What a hassle to have 2 service providers now. I'll be looking to move if the cost is more than other NBN providers do for internet and email under the service contract.

BrettO
Level 2

I've been a TPG customer for 15 years. We're on the ultra plan and Telstra are prepared to match it for 12 months. Looks like I'll be churning... I've got to start changing 15 years worth of subscription emails first Smiley Very Happy Shame, I really liked TPG.