TPG Community

Get online support

User Manual for Sagemcom Fast 5866 modem

sbaxenda
Level 2

Does anyone have access to User Manual/Guide for the Sagemcom Fast 5866 modem?  Have called TPG support who promised to locate and send, but not heard back in over a week.

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hey, @sbaxenda

How are you doing? We created an Article that that will guide us on how to setup our supplied Sagemcom Fast 5866 modem

Try to check the article below.

How to Set Up Your Home Wireless Broadband Modem and 5G Home Broadband Modem.

In the event you require more assistance with our modem feel free to send us a PM.

Let us know how it will go.

Regards,

Does anyone have access to User Manual/Guide for the Sagemcom Fast 5866 modem?  Have called TPG support who promised to locate and send, but not heard back in over a week.

david64
Level 15

@Shane . I think the user is wanting something more than just where to plug the cables. A full user manual like what is available for nearly every other router on the market.

murat_onder
Level 2

Did someone share a link to the user manual?

artipax79
Level 2

From the date of these posts, it looks like no one has shared the location of the manual. Hopefully, some kind soul can reply to questions

There are 3-Ethernet ports in this modem. They are marked LAN, LAN/WAN and 2.4GLAN. Which one is ideal to connect to an 8-port switch? Most likely, someone will answer ANY - but I noticed that if you connect as admin from a PC/Mac via the switch, some options disappear e.g. the controls to the Wi-Fi SSID. Or, the ability to see the DHCP Lease List. The option to Reserve IP addresses is visible but it does not work.

david64
Level 15

Hi @artipax79 . I haven't found a manual for this, not even an advertising blurb. Even the Sagemcom website has no info.

Many users have reported problems with this unit: wifi connectivity, not finding things in the menu system.

I guess the LAN/WAN port can be configured to an ethernet WAN, but not in TPG version.

Ports labelled 2.5G support high speed LANs by aggregating 2 standard ports.

artipax79
Level 2

Thanks @david64 . I found a workaround - which is to disconnect everything from the modem, connect 1 PC/Mac to one of the ports then reboot the modem. You can then modify the settings, like reserving mac addresses to a particular IP, change the SSID and password of the wifi. (Though for me, I disabled the wifi to use a mesh).

Other than this querky modem, the 5G service in my home is a lot better than the NBN on the same price range - so I guess I'll live with it.