TPG Community

Get online support

VX220-gv2 Wifi Drop

Moi-Wifi
Level 2

Hi, I believe I am encountering the same issue as noted above.  Could you please make contact to troubleshoot and/or replace router model.  

Never had dropout / no internet errors like this with the older model router however has been inconsistent internet loss for months from different devices. 

BasilDV

Hi @Moi-Wifi

Aside from rebooting the modem/router, have you tried to factory reset it?

Also, are you experiencing the dropouts through WiFi connection only? Or even with Wired?

BasilDV

blakeus101
Level 3

I have the exact same issue everyone else is experiencing. My Archer 1600 was fine.

I have to change a 5ghz setting like band to get internet working on 5ghz again. The SSID is connectable but no internet. Signal strength is fine and I'm next to the router.

I called TPG to report this as it is a brand new router that you made me go onto a 6 month contract and pay $10 for but I am going to have to go back to the Archer until I purchase myself a router that works properly.

The agent on the phone said they didn't know about this and would escalate. I advised this has been happening for years to other people. Same exact issue and they were forced to go back to old archer or new router.

I have collated all the posts i could find and the issue has been happening since at least 2022:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/broadbandboard/message-id/44967

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/VX220-G2v-Wifi-Issue/td-p/126748

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/VX220-G2v-Wi-Fi-5ghz/td-p/123536

(1) VX220-gv2 Wifi Drop - Page 2 - TPG Community

VX220-G2 5ghz wifi band unstable - TPG (whirlpool.net.au)

Bmilgate
Level 2
Has there been any resolution on this issue? I have just received one of these from TPG in preparation for FTTP upgrade. No installation guide in the box but got it working. Changed all my devices to this new ID, however the wifi is regularly disconnecting. Never had this problem with the VR-1600. How can this be classed as an upgrade?
BasilDV

Hi @Bmilgate 

Can you see 2 WiFi names or just one?

If just one, then you can try to disable the band steering on the modem interface first.

Once done, let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

jebba
Level 2

Another thread

VX220-G2v Wifi Issue

similar topic FYI

Ahra_G

Hi @jebba, please confirm the above queries as per @BasilDV. You may also send us a private message so we can assist further. 

jebba
Level 2

Hello Ahra_G,

The TPG tech turned off: band steering & OFDMA.

Bmilgate
Level 2
I have removed the band steering and have been able to use the 5G signal band only so far. There is something wrong with the other band. My solar inverter is not detecting the 5G, only the 2.4G, so can't be online. Is there a way that both bands can function?
Aubrey

@Bmilgate Disabling the band steering function should allow you to choose to connect to either the 5G or 2.4 wifi network. Among your devices is it only the solar inverter not detecting the 5G?