TPG Community

Get online support

Wireless broadband becomes very slow everyday

vnn2022
Level 2

Hi, I've been using the TPG wireless broadband Unlimited since Aug 2023. It's been generally fine. I'm able to do zoom meetings for work. There was one occassion where I had to call support because the internet was so slow (below 300K download). However, these past two weeks we have been having the same intermittent problem on a daily basis and several times per day.  Some hours the internet is so slow I cannot even do a TPG Speed Test (I get 'Latency Error', or 'Could not connect to server' ). Some hours it's working fine.   When it's not working fine the TPG SPeedtest will show a ping latency of 1550.   

I raised a ticket with TPG last week and TPG tried to figure out the problem but in the end said they could not figure it out.  Maybe it's because when they did the test it was when the connection was fine and the Vodafone signal is fine. Ever since Aug 2023 I've set the modem to reboot daily (3am). Also manual rebooting does not solve the problem at all.  I don't know what has changed that is causing these frequent slow downs.  Is there a chance the problem is with the modem router itself?  I was wondering if I could get a test or replacement modem to see if this fixes the problem? Modem is TP-Link Archer MR600 (from TPG).  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
vnn2022
Level 2

I  case it helps I attach a screenshot of the logs. Is it normal for the 4G Network type to be changing from LTE to LTE PLus so continuously and rapidly? 

Ahra_G

Hi @vnn2022,

We sure would like to check and get your speeds back up. We recommend to also have a read on this article: Wireless Home Broadband - Troubleshooting Speed issues

Send us a private message and we'll up your account. 

-Ahra_G

vnn2022
Level 2

Sent you a PM