TPG Community

Get online support

nbn fttc service has been flapping since 2:30am Friday

SOLVED Go to solution
jamesm
Level 2

I've been experiencing complete outages as often as every 10 minutes or so lasting a couple of minutes since Friday morning - 2021-01-14.

During an incident the TPG supplied router a TP-Link Archer vr1600v simply states that it is disconnected. 

During an incident the RPU power and link light are solid. The DSL light is blinking and the LAN light is not lit. The DSL light usually goes solid within a minute and then 20-30second later the LAN light goes solid and starts blinking at which point the router shows a connection and a new DHCP WAN lease and service resumes.

This has happened 17 times since midnight today so far - I have the logs from the router and from SNMP monitoring of the router as well as a output from a custom DDNS service I'm running.

The service has been pretty solid for two years. Nothing at my end has changed - there are no other devices patched into the copper pair within my house just the router <-> RPU <-> RDU. Could the RDU be failing? does TPG or NBN have monitoring on that unit?

How do I as a customer contact support about this? last I check the support phone line there was an hour wait to speak to someone. Is there an chat or email method to contact support?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jamesm
Level 2

problem resolved. corroded copper pair at the lead in point. another reason nbn should have rolled fttp everywhere. anyways, thanks for organising nbn tech to attend.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jamesm
Level 2

4 days now, service still not functional

no response from tpg via this channel

attempted to use mobile app as phone support now says that's the only way to log a fault

app is broken. keyboard covers description field making it rather difficult to read what you're typing

if you're able to clear the keyboard out of the way the app's interface covers the submit button making it impossible to log the fault

so I'm beginning to think the fastest way to resolve this issue will be to churn my NBN service to another provider

BasilDV

Hi @jamesm

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account and can confirm that the dropouts within the network.

The case has been raised to our Engineering team for further investigation and an assigned Engineer will be in touch with you via SMS or phone call within 24 to 48 hours.

BasilDV

jamesm
Level 2

thanks - better late than never :-)

ideally SMS, my phone drops blocked caller IDs and anyone who's not in my contact to voicemail

jamesm
Level 2

problem resolved. corroded copper pair at the lead in point. another reason nbn should have rolled fttp everywhere. anyways, thanks for organising nbn tech to attend.

Shane

Hi @jamesm,

Glad to know that the issue has been resolved after the repair at the copper pair, we'll close this thread now, feel free to create a new one for any future queries.

Cheers!