TPG Community

Get online support

Brother printer not connecting to Sagemcom 5g modem

SOLVED Go to solution
kristyp_
Level 2

I am trying to set up my Brother wifi printer to my new 5g modem but it is saying:

"The machine cannot detect a WLAN access point/router that has WPS enabled"

How do I get this to work with the new modem? I've never had a problem connecting this printer before and have had a few different modems over the past few years.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @kristyp_ . Login to the Sagemcom admin. Look in Wireless settings to see if WPS is enabled.

If it is but printer does not connect, look for setting for Band Steering. Disable it.

Check that each wifi band has different name; e.g. the 5GHz band has -5G appended to 2.4GHz name.

If still no good, you can connect your printer to your old wifi router which is cabled to Sagemcom. The old router is configured as Access Point, or as Dynamic IP (instead of PPPoE). You can disable Sagemcom wifi and just use the old wifi.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
david64
Level 15

Hi @kristyp_ . Login to the Sagemcom admin. Look in Wireless settings to see if WPS is enabled.

If it is but printer does not connect, look for setting for Band Steering. Disable it.

Check that each wifi band has different name; e.g. the 5GHz band has -5G appended to 2.4GHz name.

If still no good, you can connect your printer to your old wifi router which is cabled to Sagemcom. The old router is configured as Access Point, or as Dynamic IP (instead of PPPoE). You can disable Sagemcom wifi and just use the old wifi.

kristyp_
Level 2

Thank you, I just had to change the names and the printer then recognised them.