TPG Community

Get online support

TPG Huawei HG659 Firmware update / Bridging

Davor
Level 2

Hi,

My TPG HG659 modem is quite old now, about 8 years now. I am getting lots of connection dropouts nowdays. Have to reset modem almost every few days. During that time my whole network is down as HG659 is router and DCHP server for my network.

I am going to buy a getaway that is more modern and and will be a new Router and HG659 will work in bridge mode and used as a modem only.

The firmware version is V100R001C216B111. Hardware version: VER.B. I am on FTTN connection.

What is best firmware version for the bridging? Is benefitial to update the firmware to more up to date one?

New gateway to be is: Ubiquiti UX Unifi Express.

Thanks, Davor.

7 REPLIES 7
Davor
Level 2
Hi All,
Have received txt from TPG that my internet connection is just fine. Would like to elaborate on issue with modem/router. When I loose the internet connection modem is frozen e.g. internet led is not blinking and traffic is not going out or in. Only way to establish connection again is to pull modem of power grid for 10 minutes and reconnect modem to power again.
Sometimes I have to do it two to three times. Issue is that I cannot use my network during down time and sometimes that mean over 30minutes which is very inconvenient when you are in meddle of work.
Hope someone has some ideas.
Thanks, Davor
Ahra_G

Hi @Davor, we'll request to have your modem's firmware version updated. We'd also want to check your connection to ensure that there's no issues on the line. 

Send us a private message and we'll pull up your account. 

-Ahra_G

Davor
Level 2

Hi, 

Firmware has been updated yesterday.

Unfortunate. I have same problem as before.

I don't have internet from 11.18am today, no commimication is going in or out.

Will you be able to check what is happening before I restart the Huawei HG659?

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind Regards,

Davor.

Aubrey

We can see that your modem is back online. Have done a power restart? Is it the same as before, the Internet light not blinking? 

Davor
Level 2
Have turned router off, left for 30minutes and turned on again but it is still the same. No internet.
Nothing going in or out. Will need to restart router again.
In what circumstances new modem/router can be sourced from TPG?
Davor
Aubrey

Have you tried doing a factory reset yet? Send us a PM and we'll chat through your options about the modem replacement.

Davor
Level 2

Hi,

For some odd reason I couldn't not connect to router interface even though I was directly hooked using cable in LAN1 to the router.

Even more, I fisically reset router four times as first three times router has not reset properly and I still could not connect/log in to the router interface.

From around 10.30pm I have restored internet connection and now it is working. Will contact over PM in regards to the router replacement.

Kind Regards,

Davor