TPG Community

Get online support

Tplink Archer VR1600v keeps rebooting

Shane

Hi @ralechung,

We can confirm that the modem has the latest firmware version, should you require more assistance? If so please let us know so we can proceed with the investigation.

Regards,

HI can you update my firmware please

0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 220518 Rel.32480n

I had to do factory reset as it was rebooting endlessly

ralechung
Level 2

For everyones information, factory reset did the trick

Zeff
Level 2
Excellent thanks. Will try that now. Mine just started doing it.
Paveldean
Level 2

I'm having these same problems too. Have reset all hardware numerous times and internet keeps crashing/rebooting every few minutes. 

Ahra_G

Hi @Paveldean,

We'd be happy to assist. Could you please PM us with your Customer ID or username? 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

ralechung
Level 2

UPDATE: after 3 days the modem started to do the same reboot loop, apparetnly a new modem is required

bushdance
Level 2

FYI, I have also had this happen overnight.

Found the device resetting/rebooting seemingly every minute or two from this morning onwards.

Have tried the pinhole button reset to factory... that seems to have stabilised the modem now.

But of course, it had lost all configurations in the process.

Thankfully, I had the opportunity to view and document all customisations before going ahead with the reset.

Thanks for the info!

...fingers crossed that the remedy persists beyond just a few days.

davidren
Level 2

Hi

I'm an internode/TPG customer with exactly the same problem with my router that it keeps rebooting or having no lights/only power light on like everyone on this thread, been happening for 3-4 weeks now.

Do you cover Internode users as well ?  I've raised it with their support team but not really got anywhere aside from the NBN looking at the connection.  

BasilDV

Hi @davidren

Even though internode and TPG are under one umbrella, we still operate independently of each other.

Some of our customers were able to resolve the dropout issue after performing a factory reset.

Try it first, then make a follow up with Internode if the issue recurs.

BasilDV

davidren
Level 2

Thanks, is the factory reset best done via the admin login or pinhole on the back of the router ?