TPG Community

Get online support

Loosing my TPG emails

SOLVED Go to solution
alutze
Level 2

Can I take my internet and my TPG email address to another provider 

I don't want to loose my email address it's too hard to notify people and organisations of a changed email so would like to keep my email address 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aubrey

@alutze you can retain your TPG email address with the domain @TPG.com.au when you transfer to TMC but not to any other email service provider. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Aubrey

Hi @alutze, to keep your TPG email mailbox contents, you can opt-in to transfer your email services to The Messaging Company. You will not lose any emails, contacts or calendar events as part of the transfer. However, your TPG domain email address is not transferable.

You can find more info about the email transfer here

Aubrey

alutze
Level 2

Thanks Aubrey

what exactly in  Layman's terms mean my TPG domain email address is not transferable.

if I opt over to the messaging company do I keep my current email address 

thanks 

adsll0l4
Level 3

To be clear, are you saying that XXXXX@tpg.com isn't transferable to TMC!? That seems to defeat the purpose of the transfer.

Or do you mean that it's not transferable to any email service provider other than TMC?

alutze
Level 2

Can this be clarified 

Aubrey

@alutze you can retain your TPG email address with the domain @TPG.com.au when you transfer to TMC but not to any other email service provider. 

alutze
Level 2

Thanks.  I hope the new centre is safe 

adsll0l4
Level 3

Aubrey

If I transfer my alias address - eg alias@tpg.com.au - to TMC, WILL IT STILL WORK - THAT'S WHAT EVRYONE WANTS TO KNOW. PLEASE GIVE US A STRAIGHT ANSWER NOW.

adsll0l4
Level 3

So, I'll ask this question as simply as I can, and hope for an answer sometime in the next week or so!!!

I have two tpg email addresses:

1. username@tpg.com.au

2. givenname.surname@tpg.com.au , which is an alias, and used for 99% of my emails.

I'm intending to transfer both - separately - to TMC. 

Will TMC accept both, and, if so, will they be separate accounts, or one (as is currently the case with tpg mail).