TPG Community

Get online support

Voip - one way audio issue

sherly
Level 2
I'm having issues with one way audio for voip for registrated SIP account , on my router it shows 'can not find any account forthe incoming call' and set ALG disabled for all services, firmware is on the latest version and no firewall enabled
Model TPLink Archer VR1600v
9 REPLIES 9
BasilDV

Hi @sherly

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

Does the receiver of the call can't hear you or you can't hear them?

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to run some test as well.

BasilDV

chefren
Level 4

I see the same messages that appeared multiple times even if not in a phone call. This is using the TPG phone line with the modem. Also noticed that when picking up the phone it takes 2 seconds to get any audio in or out.

BasilDV

Hi @chefren

Where did you see the message? Is it in the logs?

Are you experiencing the one way audio for outgoing calls or incoming calls?

BasilDV

chefren
Level 4

Not one way audio, but delay in both ways. I see it in the router logs VR1660v also

BasilDV

When did you start to notice the delay?

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

BasilDV

chefren
Level 4

The delay has been steady for at least 2 weeks on every incoming call. In that time I have rebooted a few times both through the admin and by switch the modem/router, but it is the same.

BasilDV

Hi @chefren

You may try to factory reset the modem/router. The modem/router will automatically connect to the internet after a few minutes.

Be advised that the changes you've made will go back to default and may need to configure it again.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

chefren
Level 4

@BasilDV wrote:

Hi @chefren

You may try to factory reset the modem/router. The modem/router will automatically connect to the internet after a few minutes.

Be advised that the changes you've made will go back to default and may need to configure it again.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

Thanks, but given the modem does not allow backup of config, this is too much problem. Why would the config make it delay the phone audio though? Also why would it keep logging all those messages?

BasilDV

We can't identify the cause of the issue, as there's no fault detected on the line.

We can't confirm if the issue is with the configuration of the modem/router as we haven't checked if the factory reset will resolve this.

BasilDV