TPG Community

Get online support

A month after still no installation

SOLVED Go to solution
Guorium
Level 3

I requested a move by filling the online form for relocation a month ago with from a place with TPG NBN to a place without. Staff at tpg said I have adsl2+ available at the new place. They needed to cancel my NBN plan and setup adsl account for me. Nothing is being done a month after I requested the move. I just got Lex on chat today telling me they have attempted to contact me multiple times about unavailability of service. No I have not received any communications from you guys other than a call about "You move will be processed, we are sorry about the delay due to COVID-19". One moment you say there are service and another moment you say no service and now you spin up stories?! What is going on?

I am still being billed with the uncancelled NBN plan now with $10 late fee long after I moved out of the place. Thankfully I cancelled DD or you guys would be charging me well into the sunset. No service no pay. It is pretty simple. If you cannot provide service I can find someone else that can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Guorium
Level 3

Ok so I got a call rather quickly. They basically told me no ADSL for me because "NO" and they want me to cancel my nbn plan.  I do not know what technical issue caused the unavailability of service (or maybe you just do not care anymore) but clearly TPG staff should have advised me on that a month ago when I requested the relocation to a place without NBN connection. Instead, I was misled into believing ADSL is available at my new address and I will have an ADSL service set up soon. Only to get told "No service for you because of reasons" a month later.

I just submitted a cancellation request as required by the relocation team. It wants me to acknowledge that I need to pay up to $350 cancellation fee. Although I had to tick it to submit, I do not think I owe you that after you put me through a month without internet. I paid for the whole month to 20 May which I used only half a month. After this, you can send me whatever internet bill you want and you are not getting anything from me. Think of it as thanks for nothing. I got another ISP offering to provide ADSL.

UPDATE: TPG cancellation team waived termination fees for me. A wise thing to do. If you had been more careful with your knowledge about service availability and kept me informed in a timely order, I would have been happy to pay up. The same lesson you should have learnt from many other cases in the past.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
David_M

Hi @Guorium 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

Guorium
Level 3

I PMed you the user ID

David_M

Hi @Guorium 

I have escalated this to our relocation officers and someone will call you back ASAP within 48hrs.

Thanks,

Guorium
Level 3

Thanks. Let's hope I won't turn into another "48 hours later and no call". I don't have many more 48 hours for TPG by now.

Guorium
Level 3

Ok so I got a call rather quickly. They basically told me no ADSL for me because "NO" and they want me to cancel my nbn plan.  I do not know what technical issue caused the unavailability of service (or maybe you just do not care anymore) but clearly TPG staff should have advised me on that a month ago when I requested the relocation to a place without NBN connection. Instead, I was misled into believing ADSL is available at my new address and I will have an ADSL service set up soon. Only to get told "No service for you because of reasons" a month later.

I just submitted a cancellation request as required by the relocation team. It wants me to acknowledge that I need to pay up to $350 cancellation fee. Although I had to tick it to submit, I do not think I owe you that after you put me through a month without internet. I paid for the whole month to 20 May which I used only half a month. After this, you can send me whatever internet bill you want and you are not getting anything from me. Think of it as thanks for nothing. I got another ISP offering to provide ADSL.

UPDATE: TPG cancellation team waived termination fees for me. A wise thing to do. If you had been more careful with your knowledge about service availability and kept me informed in a timely order, I would have been happy to pay up. The same lesson you should have learnt from many other cases in the past.