TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL+2 can no longer be installed.

leeseungju1
Level 2

Has anyone been in a similar situation to us?

Basically we ordered a ADSL+2 bundle pack on the 1/05/20 because the NBN was not available at our address yet. We paid $314.89 on that date and they posted out our modem. I checked our status and nothing had progressed in our installation on the 8/05/2020 because the NBN had become available at our address on the 5/05/2020. I called to enquire about this and was told our ADSL+2 would no longer be installed as the NBN was available. The person I spoke to (Princess) then went ahead and cancelled our ADSL+2 request and started a new NBN one, with the intention of the money being accredited to our account and used to pay the NBN fees. 

I called today as nothing had progressed on either request and I could see the ADSL+2 account was still active despite being told it had been cancelled (as it can no longer be installed). The first person told me that my service could not be cancelled and the second person told me it could be cancelled with a request. I posted the unopened modem back to the NSW 2113 office and was told I just have to wait until both accounts are cleared then my NBN can go ahead. Finally, after being informed it could take an extra 2-30 days for this all to happen (on top of the extra time to cancel the ADSL+2 request, credit the money to the NBN account, then post the new modem) I decided to just cancel both requests and to have my money refunded.

The whole thing was so bizarre and frustrating and I haven't recieved either service. Now I'm waiting for them to process my request and give me my $314.89 back. Anyone had a similar issue? I feel like no one can give me a clear idea about whats going on with either account!

4 REPLIES 4
JayeshP9

Welcome to TPG Community,

You can private message to me your customer ID, username, service address and mobile number so i can check status here.

regards

JayeshP9

leeseungju1
Level 2

I've sent through those details Jayesh. Thanks for your help.

JayeshP9

Hi leeseungju1,

I have sent your query to installtion team so someone will contact you. 

Regards

JayeshP9.

leeseungju1
Level 2

Thank you. I have also emailed the cancellations team regarding this matter. 

Quick question, are TPG calls recorded? If so, can we request a copy/review of the calls that have been made between ourselves and TPG?