TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL 2+ installation progress

tlf134
Level 2

Hi,

I have applied to install adsl2+ at my address, while I received an email back on 6/12/2019 as below: 

"Telstra, our third-party wholesaler, has informed us that your telephone line is connected through a piece of equipment called RIM (Remote Integrated Multiplexer).  This equipment is incompatible with the TPG ADSL2+ service you have signed up for."  I called TPG on the same day about this email and advised I already had the voice service via telstra copper line, and I was told a case office will follow up my case, it has been 10 days and I have recevied no update at all. I also called TPG several time and was told every time that the case office will call me back, but I never receive a callback, even today I was told that I would be called back in the next 15 minutes, it still did not happen, can you confirm if my ADSL installation is still progress or it can't proceed?

Thanks

Lifeng  

1 REPLY 1
Rica_R

Hi @tlf134,

As you know, we rely on Telstra's infrastructure to deliver the service to our customers. However, this time, Telstra rejected our order advising that they already fed your area via Fibre optic or via a RIM [which is also connected through Fibre]. Marketing wise, since Telstra owns the infrastructure, they have the right to reject application from other ISP.

We will not be able to proceed with your application due to this technical limitation which is beyond TPG's control.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding in this matter. Should you have any questions or if we can be of any further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact us.