TPG Community

Get online support

Did I make a mistake with TPG?

aakashbadiani
Level 2

It has been 2 weeks since I paid for the services. I was told, you will be hooked up in 7 working days.They were so nice and prompt on the phone to take the money, I almost thought "internet provider that actually does its job" sign me up. After the money was deducted, silence.... so I decided to have this conversation in the open.
I have already hooked up my router setup with wifi enabled and already have all ADSL2+ hook up ready to go. Just need activation of service. 
And you will be tempted to say "telstra technician needs to see your installation" - that is not true. If the infrastructure exists, you can very easily enable services without telstra needing to do a verification. Installation date is unknown. Get me my internet or return the money.

6 REPLIES 6
Riezl

Hi @aakashbadiani , we'd like to look into this and help with the resolution. Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

aakashbadiani
Level 2

So the TPG customer care called me saying ADSL2+ is not available in my location (I literally have the ADSL 2+ infrastructure in front of me). She also said I “need” to upgrade to a NBN connection. She conveniently did not know how long it will take or what cost it will be.

How bad are your customer retention numbers guys?

Since you cant manage the services that I requested, there is no option but to return the money an cancel my subscription without fees.

aakashbadiani
Level 2

"We are sorry to advise that your TPG application is due for cancellation due to copper restriction. The address is also outside the scope for an NBN service.

Upon checking, this address falls within an Adequately Served Area (ASA) and currently serviced by LBN Co. ASA addresses will not be serviced by NBN Co. For any information regarding this address, please contact this ASA provider or your property developer.

To cancel, you may send an EMAIL to xxxxxxx for assistance to finalise your account. There will be an EMAIL confirmation in 24-48 hours after you send your request"

aakashbadiani
Level 2

We regret that we are unable to provide the service at your location.

This is to confirm that your application with us has been withdrawn.

Please note that a refund amounting to $179.94 will be finalised within 3 to 5 working days.

Kindly return all equipment to 65 Waterloo Road, North Ryde NSW 2113.

In accordance to our Standard Terms and Conditions, the modem must still be in factory condition which includes the instruction information and filter for a refund to be issued. Please note that the $10 delivery fee is non refundable.

Also, please include your username or customer ID on the package or package label for our reference.

Please be advised that an additional refund of $99.95 will be processed once we have received the equipment.

Please advise if there is anything else that we can be of further assistance.

Kind Regards,

aakashbadiani
Level 2

Save yoursefl the trouble guys. I went to another provider and was hooked up in 3 days - FLAT.

Akash

cjw090507
Level 2
When did you receive this message from TPG since they charge you the first payment, mate?