Hello, hopefully someone can help. This is the error i get on my email account on a Mac, i have tried everything to fix it and its driving me mental! Hopefully someone can help! Not sure why it says previous abuse - I literally send one or two emails a week to family and friends!
The server response was: [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User firstname.lastname@example.org is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse
Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent.
Welcome to TPG Community!
"SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse Error" should be fixed by resetting your TPG Account Password through TPG's My Account: https://www.tpg.com.au/home/myaccount
Once you reset the account password, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to your Mac Mail Settings.
2. On your Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP), select Edit SMTP Server List.
3. Select the TPG Mail Server.
4. Click on Advanced Tab.
5. Choose Password as your Authentication.
6. Enter your TPG Username and new TPG Account Password.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
Please wait for 1-2 hours and check if it will resolve the issue.
If the issue persists, please let us know so we can investigate further. Thank you.