TPG Community

Get online support

Mobile Prepayment refund

Angeli

Hi @fookleow

Please let me correct myself and I am very sorry for the confusion. Our Accounts Team has credited the $120 Mobile phone prepayment that was billed to you on 17/12/2019. Whilst, the $100 that was debited from you back in 2013 cannot be refunded since it was billed to cover the mobile call excess charges. 

Let me know if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 

Angeli

fookleow
Level 2

This is a copy of the email from TPG back in 2013. The amount was reduced from $500 to $100 but the agreement is that it is to cover any excess charges whilst roaming and the balance shall be refunded at the end when I cancel the roaming.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for activating international roaming on your TPG mobile via
the "your account" section on our website.

A Prepayment Outside Included Value of $500 is required as an upfront
payment which is added as a credit to your account before we will
activate the service. The Prepayment will top up to $500 as it drops
below $100. The unused Prepayment minus $20 kept as Prepayment Outside
Included Value will be credited back to your account 1 month after
you have deactivated International Roaming. This is to ensure we have
received all of your call records from overseas carriers.

International Roaming allows you to use selected services while
overseas with your mobile phone using your existing mobile phone
number. The services available are dependant on the country you are
roaming in.

WARNING: Charges for using this service may be significantly higher
than you have previously experienced.

Please check call rates at www.tpg.com.au/mobile/intlroaming

By enabling International Roaming, you are liable for International
Roaming charges.

If you have any questions please call Mobile Customer Support on
13 14 23.

Regards,

TPG Mobile Customer Support Team

11/8/2013

I believe we may need to get the Telecommunications Ombudsman involved in this matter.

Thanks

fookleow
Level 2

I am truly disappointed as I have been with TPG since 2005. There seems to be no regard to my 15 years of being a customer that has always paid my bill promptly.

Shane

Hi @fookleow,

We apologise if you feel that way. We'll treat this as a complain and raise this to one of our Complaints Resolution Case Manager for further handling and investigation. Assessment may take 1-2 working days and you will be contacted via email or phone call.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

This is a copy of the email from TPG back in 2013. The amount was reduced from $500 to $100 but the agreement is that it is to cover any excess charges whilst roaming and the balance shall be refunded at the end when I cancel the roaming.

Dear Customer, Thank you for activating international roaming on your TPG mobile viathe "your account" section on our website. A Prepayment Outside Included Value of $500 is required as an upfrontpayment which is added as a credit to your account before we willactivate the service. The Prepayment will top up to $500 as it dropsbelow $100. The unused Prepayment minus $20 kept as Prepayment OutsideIncluded Value will be credited back to your account 1 month afteryou have deactivated International Roaming. This is to ensure we havereceived all of your call records from overseas carriers. International Roaming allows you to use selected services whileoverseas with your mobile phone using your existing mobile phonenumber. The services available are dependant on the country you areroaming in. WARNING: Charges for using this service may be significantly higherthan you have previously experienced. Please check call rates at www.tpg.com.au/mobile/intlroaming By enabling International Roaming, you are liable for InternationalRoaming charges. If you have any questions please call Mobile Customer Support on13 14 23. Regards, TPG Mobile Customer Support Team 11/8/2013 I believe we may need to get the Telecommunications Ombudsman involved in this matter. Thanks